TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS4 Heat Soak Reduction Kit

Any one get this and test it?

http://www.vectormotorsports.com/ind...mart&Itemid=28
Old 07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it and have not had any time to test, but I have logged the IAT and saw how slowly it came down with the stock setup if I let the car idle for awhile.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

how'd and where'd you mount the sensor??

have any pics??

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Did not know this company existed. Looks like a good part. Anybody purchase the ecm? I see alot of people using the HP or diablosport tuner but I am pretty out of touch with the tuning thing so a pre programmed unit may work for me.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how'd and where'd you mount the sensor??
Click the link you will see the picture, it replaces the factory harness.
Anybody purchase the ecm?
I spoke to these guys several times and they told me they dont use any after market tuner HP Tuner etc to make the changes on the ecm, vcm. Also no car is the exact same when it comes to specs so I can't see how useful a generic tune like that would be.

How ever I am very intrested to see if people notice a difference with this heat soak. Because when I scan my IAT at idle it runs around 140 and driving around 90 which is freaking hot you knock off 10 degrees and that would add alot of timing lost to the heat.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

right, but at the end of that harness is the actual IAT sensor... some people have put them inside their filter/CAI box, some mounted it to the front support, etc etc...

curious as to how live2ride mounted the sensor...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the hsrk off of my 06 Impala, I didn't test the two next to each other but I do know that the vector sensor reacts instantly. I hooked up a tech 2 to the car and installed the senor with out mounting it and blew air from an air hose on it and it immediately reacted. I also bought one for my Trailblazer SS form vector since the connectors are diff. I'll sell the one for my 06 Impala SS if anyone is interested, $50. With the stock intake I zip tied it to the inner fender at the edge of the stock inlet. It's ok to get the sensor wet.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

I'm confused.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SILVER LS4
I have the hsrk off of my 06 Impala, I didn't test the two next to each other but I do know that the vector sensor reacts instantly. I hooked up a tech 2 to the car and installed the senor with out mounting it and blew air from an air hose on it and it immediately reacted... With the stock intake I zip tied it to the inner fender at the edge of the stock inlet. It's ok to get the sensor wet.
I have not mounted it yet and was going to drill into the top (end) of the filter, and mount it with a grommet. However, based on Silver’s comment I may test by securing it inside the CAI first to see what the gains are before I drill a hole. That way I can switch the stock harness after the initial test, get the IAT back up to match stock and retest with the new one. I haven’t had time to ride let alone mess with the car, but look forward to doing it.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Corny40
I'm confused.
about what man??

Old 07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Teching In

I have heard too many stories of people that have had bad experiences with this company. I tried once before all that and couldn't get them to return my calls. I will never use nor trust them ever.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
about what man??
according to the link...

"The kit includes all plug and play OEM quality components with no need to splice or cut the factory harness"

so why all this talk about drilling and such?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

cuz, at the end of that harness is the actual IAT sensor - you have to put that somewhere, so a lot of people drill a hole in the end of the K&N cone filter (in that chrome cap on the end), put a grommet in the hole, and then stick the IAT sensor in it.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Or you could just put it in the stock location.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

the stock location on our cars is inside that hard plastic MAF housing... that's the other wire inside there... so it'd be impossible to do that... and defeats the purpose anyway, since that plastic housing causes heat-soak that you're trying to eliminate in the first place.

if you're thinking of that black tube/plug at the top of the intake tube in front of the throttle body, that's the crankcase vent tube...

Old 07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

I wonder what Vector recommends? Doesn't sound like it would be very hard to do. Do you think it's worth the money Lew?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

if it works like they say it does, yeah... I've read posts on other forums from people that have it and they said it works good... said it was definitely worth the money...

now my problem is, finding the money between this and the flowmasters I wanna get...

Old 07-25-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

You can get those from the same place I told you about. It's where I got mine and my tips. ~$250 shipped and I got them FAST!

Also, I'm sending you a PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
the stock location on our cars is inside that hard plastic MAF housing... that's the other wire inside there... so it'd be impossible to do that... and defeats the purpose anyway, since that plastic housing causes heat-soak that you're trying to eliminate in the first place.

if you're thinking of that black tube/plug at the top of the intake tube in front of the throttle body, that's the crankcase vent tube...
Whoops! Yeah your right, had to go look at it!! lol!!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

I have heard its a good mod...too bad these cars run so hot under the hood. Heat extracting MPD hood maybe?

Quick Reply: LS4 Heat Soak Reduction Kit