LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Seat heater malfunction...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat heater malfunction...

When I bought my Impala, originally I was just looking for a sensible 4 door car that would be able to carry 4 - 5 people comfortably and haul things that wouldn't fit in my other cars. Well long story short, I wound up with my SS, fully loaded etc...I get carried away on these things: you know starting out saying "I just need a car, nothing fancy"...and in the end I wind up with a fully loaded pavement pounding SS. Oddly enough the heated seats were an option that even I thought was over the top and would never use.

Then I did one day, and now it is one of my favorite features. Unfortunately, the drivers seat one fails every so often. The light comes on for about 30 seconds and then goes off. I have been able to fix it temporarily anyway by reaching under the seat and moving the cables around a bit. I think there is a frayed or stripped wire that occasionally shorts out.

When I get my oil changed next, I will have the dealer check it out and fix it -hopefully. Has anyone had a similar problem like this? I heard there are some service bulletins out about heated seats. Does anyone know what these are?

I'm guessing this is just a QC issue as everything else is working great, but I do hate electronic problems more than anything else.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

its a 2007 right? isnt that a warranty situation?
Old 01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Yeah, it's a warranty so I'll let them worry about it but I was just wondering how common this may be with the seats.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

My passenger seat failed twice. The button would illuminate, and then shut off. There was some sort of miscommunication between the seat and the occupation sensor. When there isn't a person sitting in the seat, it's not supposed to operate. When i first got it, it would turn on without someone there...which was nice when i wanted to "preheat" the seat for the wifey...but with the new program (which temporarily fixed the problem) it no longer did that. Then the seat got funky again, and they fixed it again...but not sure what they did. I'll check myGMlink and see if it says what it is.

Yours just sounds like a connection/wiring issue, though. Good luck with it. I'd recommend that you ask them to verify that the most up to date program is installed.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to use my warranty to the fullest!