LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Just got 07 GXP anyone Autocross yet

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got 07 GXP anyone Autocross yet

Wonder if anyone has Autocross with any of the LS4 cars. I went to one just to watch. I think GXP would do good. Only thing Is the wear on the $230 each tires. LOL
Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 AM
Teching In

Default just fun

I just thought it would be fun to do. I am a Drag Racer but i have a car for that. This is a really fun car to drive.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Launching!

If I recall correctly, someone discussed autocrossing on ClubGP a while back. Think his first run he did at something like 90 seconds. Blackwood was the track or something like that? I cannot remember it all.

Only reason I remember any of it was because some guy was telling me he wanted to add all kinds of stuff to his Mazda 6 to get it to 90 seconds for the autocross. He get REALLY upset when I showed him a completely stock GXP did it (with video no less). I thought that was kind of funny.

Last edited by nighthand; 07-30-2008 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Fixed a goof up
Old 07-29-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to autocross as part of carcrafts street machine of the year competition my best time was 27.5 seconds the best was an 800 hp 2007 mustang cobra who ran a 26.2 i probably could have dropped more time but my check engine went on i was running lean on bank one. make sure you get the front tires around 40 psi and the rears at 32 it makes a world of difference my first run after i fixed tire pressure i dropped a full half second off my time
Old 07-29-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by neilownz
what a waste of a car. use a beater to autocross... good use for ricers.
What makes you say that? Have you tried it before? Do you know much about it? So our GXP's come with Bilsteins and bigger brakes, yet autocrossing it would be a waste?

Autox is a ****-ton of fun, anyone can just go in a straight line. Takes more skill to properly get a car around an autox course. BTW you can't really compare times around tracks as the courses are never the same, they change for each event.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i know i was comparing my time on the coarse to the best time thats all considering the mustang that won had 800 whp and aftermarket suspension everything i think the gxp held up really well
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Watch this video:

http://www.truveo.com/GXP-at-Bondura.../id/2496491241

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bon...rmance_Driving

The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving is located in Phoenix, Arizona, United States.

The Bondurant School teaches aspiring and current racers how to drive like the professionals. They have courses ranging from Highway Survival Training to Advanced Road Racing.

The Bondurant School sits on its own purpose built racing facility that spans over 60 acres. Bob Bondurant started the school in 1968 at Orange County Raceway in California. The school now resides in Phoenix, Arizona and is home to over 150 race prepped cars. General Motors is the official vehicle supplier of the Bondurant School and they provide Chevy Corvettes, Cadillac CTS, Pontiac GTO, and Pontiac Grand Prix GXP for use at the school.

http://www.bondurantgroups.com/events/vehicles.php

Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

The most powerful FWD sedan, the Pontiac Grand Prix GXP offers an increased front track, as well as the StabiliTrak stability control system, to give students an extremely exciting ride with maximum safety. The 5.3L V8 in the GXP model pushes out 303hp and includes a PBR performance brake package to bring it to a screeching hault with the help of re-tuned four-wheel independent suspension.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

that gxp in the video doesnt have the monsoon system.........or at least lacks the center channel speaker. whats up with that?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Its a first year car, I think it was either an option or pre-production so they didn't get it?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Back from the dead! Has anyone recently autocrossed their GXP? I'm running mine on Sunday and was curious.

Quick Reply: Just got 07 GXP anyone Autocross yet