LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Beware of Vector Motorsports!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Beware of Vector Motorsports!!!

I've been a member of ClubGP for a fairly large amount of time, though this will be my first post here. I've normally resided over there due to the simple fact that I previously had an L67 GTP, and only began reading the threads here when I got my LS4 GXP. However, the mod process has gone slowly, and I have made decently technical posts at ClubGP, and never signed up here. More recently, however, I had read some of the more helpful technical aspects of the LS4 being discussed here, and because of my continued pursuit of modification, feel that one of my experiences with Vector Motorsports and their canned tune for the LS4 might atleast help a few of those lingering here curious as to what options (or in this case, NOT an option!!!) they have on getting a canned tunes for the LS4 in general. Here is a link to the thread created at ClubGP, and also has links to the locked threads originally created. All of my prominent opinions have been stated there. Thank you for reading!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well all that's left to read over there just makes you look bad. From what I read, you weren't satisfied with the product, but didn't actually send it back for a refund/fix? Then trashed the company in your review without letting them remedy the problem? I've never heard anything bad about Vector.

Obviously from time to time there may be a flaw with a product, which can happen no matter what you're dealing with. It's up to the company to then make it right for the customer whether that be through a replacement or a refund, which it seems you have not allowed them do. Seems like a bunch of bullshit to me and you're just out to make them look bad. Then again, it is ClubGP. Let them fix it or get a refund and get over it. And since the original thread was deleted, we don't know if you actually said you would try and destroy your car and blame it on the tune, but if you did, that's just stupid and unprofessional. If you did that and I was Vector I would have just taken the bad critisism from you and told you to go **** yourself. Unless you think it's worth all that trouble just to try and make the company look bad. If you're not going to let them fix the problem as it seems they are more than willing to do stop being a baby and trashing the company.

Not really sure what you were expecting their reaction to be. You try that crap with any company you're going to come out on the short end.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You posted here to make me click on another link
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sint3k
You posted here to make me click on another link
Not even worth clicking the links it's all BS. I haven't heard anything bad about them it was probably an isolated flaw that he refuses to let them fix. One bad experience doesn't automatically make the company less reputable. He's just hell bent on making them look bad for whatever reason and has no grasp on how a business works nor an understanding of why Vector was mad(and IMO rightfully so) to begin with. The fact that it looks like some people agreed with him just shows the idiocy at ClubGP. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Yea, actually, he never offered to fix it. He instead said that he would have fixed it if I had told him first instead of posting about it. He THEN proceeded to corner me by telling me to send it in for a refund, which is not an offer to fix it. Perhaps you didn't read everything (which I think completely negates your right to post a response). And now that there is a definitive issue, you were so blind that you missed his response that said he will do nothing except give me a refund. In case you are unable to translate, instead of accepting a not-100% review of his product, he is instead trying to make sure I am not one of his customers. Read everything if you're going to post.

Edit: By the way, talking trash about ClubGP is a sure-fire way to lose credibility on your opinion. Perhaps you are not taking sides based on the issue, but moreso your distaste for the forum.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Well said.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

That forum has earned the reputation it has.

Why don't you take the refund?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Blah blah blah it's not easy to read everything when stuff was deleted. I read what was still accesible so I'll post on the facts I saw. I don't have a problem with the forum other than the fact that it seems like there is alot bullshit that goes on there, and whether people are willing to admit that or not I'm not the only one that's noticed that. And yes, I actually am a member there.

I'm sincerely sorry for missing the point where he did not offer to fix it, but he still offered a refund. If you're not satisfied, get your money back. What's the point in holding onto the product if you're not satisfied? Do you think you're the first consumer to ever be displeased with a product or customer service?

My point still stands, you gave a poor review BEFORE you tried to get it fixed/refunded. That's not a fair review of a product. Should they have cornered you the way you say they did? Probably not. But personally, if something I purchase doesn't work, my first plan of action is to contact the company, not run to my computer and immediately give a bad review on it on a forum. "Hey don't buy this product! It doesn't work as it should! But I haven't tried to get it fixed either!" Come on now, seriously? Is it REALLY that hard to contact them saying that you're not pleased with the product before trashing it in a review. Your car was not damaged, you haven't lost any money, you're blowing your distaste for their customer service out of proportion.

You signed up here just to try and take business away from a company and allegedly threatened to blow your engine up just to try and blame the company(which we can't know for sure all the facts behind this since again, you managed to get posts deleted, so obviously you've pissed some people off). So don't talk to me about credibility. Maybe when your posts aren't getting locked and deleted we can talk about being credible.

Put yourself in the vendors shoes, you'd be pissed too. In short, you weren't satisfied, return the product and get your money back and stop wasting your time going on various forums trying to take away business from vendors which no one else seems to have had problems with. Feel free to respond, but I'm done with the subject. You have your opinion, this is mine. If you can't handle the fact that my opinion of the situation differs from yours, don't be posting on a public internet forum.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

My initial review clearly does not show my intention to get a refund. In fact, further reading (as tiring as it gets to read so much, I know!), you can see that I am not trashing the product, but rather the egotistical response from the owner of the company itself!

I never threatened to blow up my engine and blame it on their product, I simply stated that perhaps I SHOULD have done that to correct the perception of my initial review, in which he felt I was deliberately "blindsiding" the company. My review would have been the same BEFORE or AFTER they fixed the issues, as I am perfectly entitled to disclose any and all issues with the product.

It's started to look more and more like a refund would be best, as it's turning out that I'd be returning a product just because its makers were not satisfied with my review... I don't think I'm in the wrong to say that's just plain juvenile.

Posts getting deleted and locked? I admit that there is some questionable admin/mod behavior at ClubGP. However, those posts got deleted/locked because of some flaming behavior such as the quips made about ClubGP in this thread. I ask that opinions of ClubGP be refrained from use... I am here to share my experience with Vector Motorsports.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I wasn't trying to imply that you're not entitled to your opinion. I was merely stating that it should have been brought to their attention first, that's all. I only think that because it looks alot better saying "I was displeased with this product, they have offered me a refund but I wouldn't recommend using this." You hold alot more credibility IMO if you bring it to their attention before you talk about how/why you don't like the product. I know personally my first reaction is when someone has a complaint about a product is well what are they going to do to remedy this situation. Like I mentioned before, perhaps the company didn't react the way they should have, but it seems like you should, as you said, just get your refund. That seems like it would the best idea and move on.

FWIW, I never read the actual review you did if it still exists, I was under the impression that that's what was deleted. So the lack of me(or anyone else) reading the initial thread which started this makes it hard to understand the whole situation in it's entirety as you see it.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who cares???, if it happens to you, send it back and they will replace it....

Moral of the story....pick your battles wisely, if it is a small issue, don't let it ruin your day...keeps your blood pressure lower!!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bryan921SS
Who cares???, if it happens to you, send it back and they will replace it....

Moral of the story....pick your battles wisely, if it is a small issue, don't let it ruin your day...keeps your blood pressure lower!!
Precisely, take your refund and move on, may I suggest HP Tuners?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good points.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

I can vouch for the clubGP.com GXP section. They're really stand up guys who act like adults, i.e. no flaming. It's probably the only section on that board that isn't filled with ego-fueled teens to twenty-somethings whose only purpose is to talk trash and be essentially obnoxious to anyone who disagrees with them. I, for one, stick to the GXP section.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

ClubGP used to be a good place until 97 GTP's could be had for 4k lol. Then the young kids came.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

My blood pressure isn't up, and I did move on. Except, a few weeks later, as stated over at ClubGP, I ran into the top speed limiter issue, which is a definitive issue. I didn't bring this back from the grave, I came up to them and asked them why my top speed limiter wasn't removed, and he continued the game saying "refund or nothing". I'm the last guy that gets angry and clouded, which is why I always state things clearly.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I read it all (that was left) the other day and it does seem that you are the unreasonable one. Not because of a review, but because you bristled up and are so wrapped up in wanting to be 'right' that you blind yourself to reality. The customer is not always right. You could demand/expect the moon and refuse to work the situation out (which is what it looks like, you don't want to solve a problem, you want to 'win' the battle), but that does not make it reasonable. When everyone tells you that you are wrong, perhaps it is time to step back and maybe consider the possibility that you are. You won't, of course, you seem to have too much ego and time wrapped up in feeling superior to everyone involved. Rail and rant against everyone that crosses your path, it won't get you the results you want. Quite the opposite in fact. Makes you look like a petulant child. They whine to try to get what they want, an adult does what it takes, even if they don't feel it is fair. You don't want a refund, ok. Don't get one. You want the product tweaked to your satisfaction. They offered to do just that and you were all for it.

Their reply (edited, but that is all we have to go on) to your listing of problems you had (and admitted that nobody else had) was this "Psssssssssst you know if you actually TELL us this stuff rather than just posting so we never hear anything about it we'll fix it LOL ItWe have about 150 LS4 tunes in the field and you are the first to describe that, call us and we'll get you another TCM it may be bad. "

Show me where they are mad about your review? They only suggested that you tell them instead of just posting on a forum where they may or may not see it. The key word is "JUST". They cannot fix what they do not know about. They were not mad about your posting, just that you did not go far enough to tell them directly so they could improve their product. They were looking for a way to help you, the customer, who never even complained to them about their product/service. They reached out with a solution, you chose not to take it. So obviously you are not ever going to be satisfied with what you have as you won't let them tweak it in an effort to satisfy you. What other possible thing could they offer you to rectify the situation as you will never be happy with the product as it is and won't let them try to fix it? A refund is about all that leaps to mind. Oh....you don't want that.

Your words: "Ya, he tried to corner me by asking me to send it back in for a refund. This means I can't send it in to be fixed, because he'll just give me my money back and take it back, but if I don't send it back, I'm stuck with some of the flaws. That makes it very tempting to actually blindside him, and just wait until something goes wrong so I can blame the ECM/TCM, hahaha "

and from another post refering to the above:"He's making an even bigger deal out of it. He's automatically refunding me the amount and issuing a call tag from UPS from it now, haha Prove it? I said it was tempting to do something like that to him"

Your poorly veiled threat to blame the vendor/product if something goes wrong by blindsiding them speaks volumes about your mindset. Why would anyone, in any business want you as a customer after that? You think the product is terrible. Fine and good, but you want to keep using it and hope that if something breaks you can prove your point that there is an incompatibility with their software and your particular car/driving stye? Yeah, that's a reasonable course of action...

'Course everyone believed you initially when you said that it did not work well for you, but if you feel the need to press your point by screwing up your ride, knock yourself out!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by apex1
ClubGP used to be a good place until 97 GTP's could be had for 4k lol. Then the young kids came.
......Oooohhh they can be had for a hell of a lot less than that....

But let's get down to the nitty gritty, when I heard Club GP I automatically knew not to give a hoot...which means I for one am not going to read all that mess... But from what has been said here.....What the is the big deal? Sometimes a program doesnt get copied right or the controller fries while copying or whatever. They only way they can make good is to take it back. Although asking them to send out another unit with a tune is an alternative as well.Lets put it liek this, if they wanted to purposly break the driveline they could've done it real easy.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kl_237
I can vouch for the clubGP.com GXP section. They're really stand up guys who act like adults, i.e. no flaming. It's probably the only section on that board that isn't filled with ego-fueled teens to twenty-somethings whose only purpose is to talk trash and be essentially obnoxious to anyone who disagrees with them. I, for one, stick to the GXP section.
I agree, but that is because GXP cannot be had for 4K, THANK GOD!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't realize that I was stacked up against a hatred for ClubGP. There is nothing I can say or do to convince a person who feels the need to take the words I say and twist and turn them into a purpose as deviant and foolish as wrecking my own car to prove a point. I'll say it for the third time, it was not a mindset, nor a threat, but an attempt to demonstrate that I understand what was believed to be my initial intention. I regret saying it because I've just been reminded that this is the internet, where a person is protected from the repercussions of what they say while they can feel free to interpret another's words however they wish.

I'm more than sure part of my fault here is I did not save any of the PMs between me and Chris. There are those here that will defend Chris simply based on the forum I come from, and then there are those that will simply disagree with just about anyone that speaks for the sake of argument. Then there's me: I came here to tell you what happened, and so far I have been quite factual. The offer to fix it was empty, as defending my review resulted in an "offer" to refund the product, in which, AGAIN, was not the basis of my review. Air of superiority? If that's how the structure of my sentences and use of factual behavior make you feel, then I can't help you.

I should have used quotes for the word "blindside"... if you read in detail, you'd notice I was accused of blindsiding them, something I didn't do because I had emailed their sales team with a link to the thread that was my initial review of their product. So, actually, I did tell them. I almost forgot about that email until you made an attempt to emphasize that I never told them. Otherwise, Chris wouldn't know at all right now, and this really WOULD be blindsiding him, duh...

I think I'm done with this thread; I continue to emphasize that I didn't really get a chance to get it fixed. All I did was defend my review in the forum and in a PM to Chris, and I ended up getting offered a refund. Get over it people, just because I'm from ClubGP doesn't mean I'm unreasonable. The fact that the ONLY thing anyone has been able to focus on is my misunderstood statement about "blindsiding" tells me those people are simply trying to find a flaw in my logic in order to create a rebuttal. Save it, please. I've explained that comment more than enough times!!!

Quick Reply: Beware of Vector Motorsports!!!