LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

knock retard question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default knock retard question

can anyone tell me what could possibly be be some of the causes of me having 8* of knock retard on a regular when the car warms up? i can be idling and just cruising and it stays at 8. if i stay at the same throttle sometimes it will come down some n the car will speed up n run alot cleaner. when i just give it some gas it will come down some but i just dont understand it. with my scanmaster and datamaster both are reading 8*
Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Launching!

LT1 knock modules are ridiculously sensitive, alot of us just swap over to the Lt4 knock module as it isnt as sensitive and really wakes the car up...

-justin
Old 10-13-2008, 06:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

might have to talk to Ion about getting your re-tuned. was your tune done after the valvetrain mods? if not that would cause what you are talking about.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Launching!

i bought a LT4 km long before the mods. so i assume its still in the computer i would hope he wouldnt have any reason to take it out. as far as the tuning i got it tuned after all the mods. its just strange cause the car has 8* alot. i can be puttin along n once it goes down a few degrees the car will accelerate like i gave it more gas

Quick Reply: knock retard question