LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Spark Plug Wires

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Plug Wires

So i put LT headers on my car last spring and it only took 1200 miles till the car started running on 7 pistons. Needless to say I melted the insulation off of my stock wires, the #5 to be exact.

So Ive been looking at getting new aftermarket plugs, wires, and coil (for my stock opti) over the winter. I'm interested in getting the "over the valve cover" style wire setup, and someone referred me to www.thunderracing.com. I really wanna stick to a brand like MSD or Accel but it looks like the only "over the valve cover" kits they sell include Taylor Wires which I've heard too many mixed opinions about and therefore dont want.

So does anyone know where I could get MSD/Accel wires that are long enough to run over the valve covers instead of using the stock location?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get the msd wires that are cut to fit. if you use the search button you will find the part number, as i dont have it on hand and cant remember what it was when i bought them.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:35 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You can also buy all the the components, bulk wire, terminals, wire looms, etc., and make your own. I wanted black wires, so I made my own. I think the MSD cut to fit wires are only offered in red. At least that was the case when I was deciding on wires.