LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LS1 vs LT1 Maf's and Blowing out Oil or Fuel in this video?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 vs LT1 Maf's and Blowing out Oil or Fuel in this video?

Ok I have 3 mafs here and I have been tracing an issue I thought was rings but it seems a few think is fuel still.

This is the video, I have new O2's and a MadTuner Tuned ECU for my motor. The coil, plugs, wires and Opti are all aftermarket and new (MSD Coil and Opti, Taylor 8.5mm Wires, NKG TR55 Plugs). Its really when I hit WOT or gas it but I can get some smoke at other times with driving depending on what I am doing. Mainly when I am shifting if it happens at all.

---VIDEO--- (Hope you all like my legs oh and the kid heard it the first time!)

I am starting to wonder. I had an LSx MAF I think and 2 LTx Maf's... they all look the same but 2 were dirty so I went with what looked the cleanest inside... now I am starting to wonder if I am causing this issue because of the use of an LSx MAF instead of my LTx MAF... I could have put it in there by mistake.

Would it cause fuel issues like this or is that something else?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

They are both the same MAF to my knowledge.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Don't think its your rings but either way that thing is pig rich. Scan the ecm and see if you get any codes. Then go from there.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

No codes, I was going to throw in the stock ECU and do another video. I was also going to live data the AutoXray and give the O2 Readings.

I am still a little worried the Valve Seals may need to be replaced anyway... it did sit for a year after just a 500 mile or so break in.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

i doubt valve seals are your issue. That thing is stupid rich. If the valve seals were bad it would be consuming oil and that smoke would be blue. You need to get that on a scanner and get it fixed. Running to rich like that will gas wash the cylinder walls and cause the rings not to seal properly if run like that for a extended period of time.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Ok I just finished the oil change, changing out my oil level sensor and I put the AutoXray on it.

The O2's were def reading differently.
At 3825RPM
Right: 620mVolts
Left: 937mVolts

That was the highest I recorded a Rev. Limited Space.

However this video certainly looks different then the first... def looks like oil here.

So what do you think now?

Old 01-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Default smoke

how did you make out on the smoke issue? i had to change all my valve guide seals and add a catch can system. it filters the pvc before running it back into the throttle body. run smoke free now

http://www.catchcans.com/

z
Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zpreston
how did you make out on the smoke issue? i had to change all my valve guide seals and add a catch can system. it filters the pvc before running it back into the throttle body. run smoke free now

z
^^^^^ Thats a nice catchcan-system. You have a LT1? Where did you mount it?
Old 01-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zpreston

z
Seems like you could make one of those easily??? Is it just a can with two holes and 2 tubes coming out or is there more to it? I can make one at work