LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Whats the most powerful cam I can run and still stay emmisions friendly?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Whats the most powerful cam I can run and still stay emmisions friendly?

Know about the cc503,cc305,gm 846, hot cam...Anything bigger and better that i can run
Old 11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Know about the cc503,cc305,gm 846, hot cam...Anything bigger and better that i can run
http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html

Take a look at Lloyd's second cam he mentions on this page. Hear nothing but goods things about them.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html

Take a look at Lloyd's second cam he mentions on this page. Hear nothing but goods things about them.
Great TY
Old 11-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Banned

No worries. Just got my Lloyd cam and she's a beauty! Waiting on the heads now.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much does that second cam cost???? im very interested
Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
how much does that second cam cost???? im very interested
All Lloyds cams are $300 shipped! Not a bad price for what you get.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

oh yeah sweet, what else would be needed to do a cam swap. such as good parts to use. I wanna do the le2 head and cam package from lloyd but money doesnt seem to be saving up like it should be for me lol.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Banned

oh yeah sweet, what else would be needed to do a cam swap. such as good parts to use. I wanna do the le2 head and cam package from lloyd but money doesnt seem to be saving up like it should be for me lol.
New timing chain
Valve springs
pushrods
prob get some 1.6 rr's
there's a bunch of little things I could list. When you get closer to doing the swap hit me up and I will give you all the part numbers needed to do the swap

I watched a LE2 Z28 with bolt ons, Lloyds 224/230 cam and ported intake w/58mm pull on a C5 Z06 up about 135. Now that's bad ***!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

New timing chain
Valve springs
pushrods
prob get some 1.6 rr's
there's a bunch of little things I could list. When you get closer to doing the swap hit me up and I will give you all the part numbers needed to do the swap

I watched a LE2 Z28 with bolt ons, Lloyds 224/230 cam and ported intake w/58mm pull on a C5 Z06 up about 135. Now that's bad ***!!!!!!!!!!!
sweet ill definitely hit you up to get those part numbers. I should be at least doin the cam in january if i cant afford to do the heads. Im doin a full re do on my 94. I wanna get a 12 bolt but i dunno if i can afford that and then doin a six speed swap along with full bolt ons and some appearance mods and maybe re paint the car. Long *** list but hopefully most will get done.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Banned

sweet ill definitely hit you up to get those part numbers. I should be at least doin the cam in january if i cant afford to do the heads. Im doin a full re do on my 94. I wanna get a 12 bolt but i dunno if i can afford that and then doin a six speed swap along with full bolt ons and some appearance mods and maybe re paint the car. Long *** list but hopefully most will get done.
I hear ya. After I bought mine I had a list longer then the one I made out for Santa when I was 10 It's been a long road and a spendy one at that But it's been worth it in the end. So why don't you just rebuild your A4 and stall it? That thing with a LE2 package, gears ectc etc would own.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

well i have thought about it trust me, but in the end i just wanna have that sixth gear to cruise the freeway which i do alot and i need the most fuel economy i can get out of the car. Plus i dont hardly ever go to the track and i also never get races on the street anymore so throwin in the six speed is just gonna be for the pure enjoyment of rowing through the gears and a full bursts here and there to get up to speed. I plan on eventually getting the le2 package but it will probably be after i get a little civic or something to daily drive.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Banned

That's understandable then. I would say if you do the M6 swap being you drive HWY a lot, prob go with a 3.73 gear ratio and if you are worried about gas milage I would prob just throw in Lloyds version of the Crane 227 cam. Good street manors and it would be a nice choice for overall driving. First things first though...we need to get you some headers
Old 11-11-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

yeah man definitely. I live in phx, az and we have pretty strict emissions. I wanna do long tubes with a catted y pipe into a slp loudmouth cat back. Last time i went to emissions i didnt notice them checking under the car for anything like they used to do in my 79 camaro. So i doubt the tools at the emissions testing place even know where my cat is "supposed" to be so im sure ill be ok with the long tubes and the catted y. I have been thinkin about the pacesetter headers cause i need emission legal stuff with the air and egr hook ups.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

yeah man definitely. I live in phx, az and we have pretty strict emissions. I wanna do long tubes with a catted y pipe into a slp loudmouth cat back. Last time i went to emissions i didnt notice them checking under the car for anything like they used to do in my 79 camaro. So i doubt the tools at the emissions testing place even know where my cat is "supposed" to be so im sure ill be ok with the long tubes and the catted y. I have been thinkin about the pacesetter headers cause i need emission legal stuff with the air and egr hook ups.
When I was in Scottsdale I remember some nice long roads that had floor it written all over them The hwy's are a little different too..little more crazy then ours here in Oregon. I almost bought the AIR/EGR Pacesetters...good header for the money. If anything, I would get your full bolt ons out of the way. Not that spendy and you will have a new car power wise
Old 11-11-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

When I was in Scottsdale I remember some nice long roads that had floor it written all over them The hwy's are a little different too..little more crazy then ours here in Oregon. I almost bought the AIR/EGR Pacesetters...good header for the money. If anything, I would get your full bolt ons out of the way. Not that spendy and you will have a new car power wise
yeah im gonna have to be using my car alot for my new job im waiting to start. ill be working for pepsi and driving to alot of stores throughout the valley. So i still need my car to be reliable to drive everyday maybe 100 miles per day just depends on where my route is and stuff. But im gonna be getting like 10 grand in january or early feb. and im plannin on throwin it all at my car to make it alot nicer.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Banned

yeah im gonna have to be using my car alot for my new job im waiting to start. ill be working for pepsi and driving to alot of stores throughout the valley. So i still need my car to be reliable to drive everyday maybe 100 miles per day just depends on where my route is and stuff. But im gonna be getting like 10 grand in january or early feb. and im plannin on throwin it all at my car to make it alot nicer.
Don't forget the $3 grand you still owe me Hit me up when you figure your stuff out. I have lots of nice extra stuff laying around for our cars that I will never use that you might want. Later bro.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Don't forget the $3 grand you still owe me Hit me up when you figure your stuff out. I have lots of nice extra stuff laying around for our cars that I will never use that you might want. Later bro.
ha i dont recall this 3 grand u speak of lol. Yeah ill definitely keep in touch with ya since ur on here about as much as i am every damn day lol. later and thanks for the help. Also to the OP sorry for the
Old 11-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned

ha i dont recall this 3 grand u speak of lol. Yeah ill definitely keep in touch with ya since ur on here about as much as i am every damn day lol. later and thanks for the help. Also to the OP sorry for the
It's all done from my work laptop on and off the road
Old 11-11-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

It's all done from my work laptop on and off the road
oh i seee
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice after the LT's and a stall ill have to pick that up..Think his cam is even cheaper then the 305 I bought for my 97 years ago. Wonder what kind of power that puts down in a a4, id assume you got it dyno'd?or mail order?

Quick Reply: Whats the most powerful cam I can run and still stay emmisions friendly?