LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hey LT1 peeps...got a brake question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey LT1 peeps...got a brake question

Hey Everyone, Im new here to LS1tech, but some of you may know me as ScreaminEagle91 on fbody.com. I got a polo green 95 z28. A lil intake, a lil exhaust. But i have decided to upgrade the brakes. I purchased the Stainless Steel Brake Corporation short stop rotor and pad kit. Since the front is a sealed hub, its no harder than removing the caliper and pulling the rotor off right? And i imagine the rear is the same way? I did front rotors on my old 91 Firebird, and that involved bearings and a seal, but the 4th gen setup is easier I beleive. Any help would be awesome!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WonBadLT1
Hey Everyone, Im new here to LS1tech, but some of you may know me as ScreaminEagle91 on fbody.com. I got a polo green 95 z28. A lil intake, a lil exhaust. But i have decided to upgrade the brakes. I purchased the Stainless Steel Brake Corporation short stop rotor and pad kit. Since the front is a sealed hub, its no harder than removing the caliper and pulling the rotor off right? And i imagine the rear is the same way? I did front rotors on my old 91 Firebird, and that involved bearings and a seal, but the 4th gen setup is easier I beleive. Any help would be awesome!

yes the front and rear are bothe sealed, no bearings or seal. It is a pretty easy job just like you said pop off the caliper and the bracket and you will be good. It took me longer to jack up my car and take of the wheels then it actually took to do the brakes lol