LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My engines first startup & revs (video)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My engines first startup & revs (video)

Finally I got my engine running ! I've been trying to get my car started for 2 months cause I couldn't figure out why my engine was misfiring. I thought it was valve timing turns out I didn't line up the splines on the opti correctly. One thing is for sure this car has alot more power than before and it would be even better once I get a tune. I do have one problem though...My battery voltage is redlining when the engines running only thing I can think of is my ac delete pulley and the crank ud pulley is whats causing this. I know ud pullies are crap but I think I could install the ud alt pulley or take off the crank pulley. What do you all suggest?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riceburnerZ28
Finally I got my engine running ! I've been trying to get my car started for 2 months cause I couldn't figure out why my engine was misfiring. I thought it was valve timing turns out I didn't line up the splines on the opti correctly. One thing is for sure this car has alot more power than before and it would be even better once I get a tune. I do have one problem though...My battery voltage is redlining when the engines running only thing I can think of is my ac delete pulley and the crank ud pulley is whats causing this. I know ud pullies are crap but I think I could install the ud alt pulley or take off the crank pulley. What do you all suggest?
just an UD pulley off the crank would make your voltage to low. ususally youd need one for the crank and another for the alternator. idk why itd make your alternator redline unless the regulator in the alternator is bad. or is it spinning backwards ? sounds stupid but who the hell knows. go back to stock everything and see whats up. or bring it to a shop or find out what amperage your alternators putting out. could just be bad. sounds bad *** tho man!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

I approve!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds good to me man and i never thought that ud pulleys were junk!! they should drop your voltage though...i dont think that your prob is cuz of the pulley bro i could be wrong tho
Old 11-18-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everybody ! well i had the alternator checked before i put it on but I'm probably gonna take that pulley off and see what happens !

Quick Reply: My engines first startup & revs (video)