LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Random question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Random question...

Does anyone know if a Factory Bose CD player out of a 94 Z28 will fit in a 97 WS6 TA??
Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

All I know is that in 97 they went to the monsoon stereo system instead of bose! Not sure if the size is the same?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Camaro's went Monsoon too? Huh

I assume that the stereo would work just fine, but I don't see why you'd want to If you want better sound, just buy a cheaper Pioneer like this one which even lets you play MP3 cds (you can fit around 6-7 albums on a cd then). I prefer Pioneer over everyone else simply due to the hidden sound fequency fine tuning menu. By hidden, you just hold down the Audio button, but the majority don't know that lol My car came with the 10 speaker option and when I bought it, it had a Pioneer 4200MP or something close to that model. I absolutely fricken love the thing. I've owned Pioneers before as well, but this one with the factory system in my car, just sounds beautiful.

Anyways sorry for rambling. The stereo's hook up to the factory harness, and I'm not sure what the Bose deck is like, but it could be one of two styles. 1 style is a normal radio with a built in amp like the majority of vehicles, or the other would be just a small bit for the tuner/tape/cd player and that's IT. Option 2 then runs into a factory amp which in turn powers the speakers. Since I don't have the factory deck for my car, I can't say what it looks like. Mine is (obviously) a factory amped car, and even though my deck has a built in amp, I'm not sure how much it's actually utilized heh

BTW I think the Bose setups sounds terrible. My car absolutely walks all over my friend's Bose "Gold" equipped 94 Vette. Sure, his has more Bass due to having an 8" (pretty sure it's 8") sub, but if you don't have the other frequencies to fill in the gap it just sounds like ****.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula350
Camaro's went Monsoon too? Huh

I assume that the stereo would work just fine, but I don't see why you'd want to If you want better sound, just buy a cheaper Pioneer like this one which even lets you play MP3 cds (you can fit around 6-7 albums on a cd then). I prefer Pioneer over everyone else simply due to the hidden sound fequency fine tuning menu. By hidden, you just hold down the Audio button, but the majority don't know that lol My car came with the 10 speaker option and when I bought it, it had a Pioneer 4200MP or something close to that model. I absolutely fricken love the thing. I've owned Pioneers before as well, but this one with the factory system in my car, just sounds beautiful.

Anyways sorry for rambling. The stereo's hook up to the factory harness, and I'm not sure what the Bose deck is like, but it could be one of two styles. 1 style is a normal radio with a built in amp like the majority of vehicles, or the other would be just a small bit for the tuner/tape/cd player and that's IT. Option 2 then runs into a factory amp which in turn powers the speakers. Since I don't have the factory deck for my car, I can't say what it looks like. Mine is (obviously) a factory amped car, and even though my deck has a built in amp, I'm not sure how much it's actually utilized heh

BTW I think the Bose setups sounds terrible. My car absolutely walks all over my friend's Bose "Gold" equipped 94 Vette. Sure, his has more Bass due to having an 8" (pretty sure it's 8") sub, but if you don't have the other frequencies to fill in the gap it just sounds like ****.
My reasons for asking is, I have a guy interested in my factory Bose CD player that I have sitting around. Wasn't sure if it would fit in his 97 WS6.

I've never cared for Pioneer Cd players, I'm pro Alpine The Pioneer's look cheap where Alpine has some sick looking designs. Alpines have always seemed to outlast Pioneer in the long run as well. Just my opinion
Old 11-19-2008, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

I still think stock is best! Not the most tunable but a great all around system.
If the face plates are the same it should fit.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I still think stock is best! Not the most tunable but a great all around system.
If the face plates are the same it should fit.
I think the factory Bose is a great cd player as well. Yes, you could get better sound from a aftermarket player, but some like to keep the original stock look
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Like Me!!!!
Bose makes some of the best stereo equipment out there!
I did have the monsoon in my 00 and it fricking rocked! Sound qaulity was better than alot of my buddies built systems. Stock speakers sound the best and have great bass untill they blow out! LOL!
Oh I prefer Alpine over Pioneer also! Just not on my car!LOL!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Like Me!!!!
Bose makes some of the best stereo equipment out there!
I did have the monsoon in my 00 and it fricking rocked! Sound qaulity was better than alot of my buddies built systems. Stock speakers sound the best and have great bass untill they blow out! LOL!
Oh I prefer Alpine over Pioneer also! Just not on my car!LOL!
Yeah my stock speakers sounded good until they blew up I don't listen to music much in the car anyways cause I love the sweet music my car makes when I put the pedal to the floor It's gonna be making some even better music here soon...lol Kinda like yours AC!!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I have the basic Radio in mine..

It's the Factory CD Player, but the CD Player part of it broke, so I took it all out.a little bit of weight reduction..lol.
All that crap in there probably weighed a pound. Now it's just a AM/FM Radio.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
My reasons for asking is, I have a guy interested in my factory Bose CD player that I have sitting around. Wasn't sure if it would fit in his 97 WS6.

I've never cared for Pioneer Cd players, I'm pro Alpine The Pioneer's look cheap where Alpine has some sick looking designs. Alpines have always seemed to outlast Pioneer in the long run as well. Just my opinion
It's funny you mention Alpines lol I cannot STAND them. I've had 3 friends have them before, and not only did they all look identical ( I just went to their page and they STILL look the exact same) over the models and years, but their user interface I thought sucked *** :\ Sure, there was a few more functions for the person who loves to use amps and subs, but over all I thought it wasn't all that impressive at all. And while the Pioneers might not be visually stunning, I can't say I think Alpine looks at all cool, or even better looking. I'm actually not very partial of the "everything crammed on one side" setup/look. I've never had any deck (of any brand) fail me, so I can't say one is better than the other as far as longevity. The only deck I've come across that has failed, was this Sony Chameleon (heh I have the screen from it) due to poor design. The screen opening and closing caused friction on the ribbon cable, eventually wearing a hole in it and breaking it and the copper wires in it rendering it useless.

But that's a debate for a whole other day and thread!

I think that if the recipient car has a Monsoon system, that the Bose will work fine. That still is based on the 2 design bit. If it has a Monsoon and is of either type, it'll be fine. If it's an internally amped Bose stereo, then it's good to go.

And Bose makes some of the more expensive stereo equipment lol I wouldn't go as far as to say 'some of the best' though. I consider it to be expensive and above average, and I'd rather have something from someone else.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by the_merv
I have the basic Radio in mine..

It's the Factory CD Player, but the CD Player part of it broke, so I took it all out.a little bit of weight reduction..lol.
All that crap in there probably weighed a pound. Now it's just a AM/FM Radio.
Weight reduction
Old 11-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula350
It's funny you mention Alpines lol I cannot STAND them. I've had 3 friends have them before, and not only did they all look identical ( I just went to their page and they STILL look the exact same) over the models and years, but their user interface I thought sucked *** :\ Sure, there was a few more functions for the person who loves to use amps and subs, but over all I thought it wasn't all that impressive at all. And while the Pioneers might not be visually stunning, I can't say I think Alpine looks at all cool, or even better looking. I'm actually not very partial of the "everything crammed on one side" setup/look. I've never had any deck (of any brand) fail me, so I can't say one is better than the other as far as longevity. The only deck I've come across that has failed, was this Sony Chameleon (heh I have the screen from it) due to poor design. The screen opening and closing caused friction on the ribbon cable, eventually wearing a hole in it and breaking it and the copper wires in it rendering it useless.

But that's a debate for a whole other day and thread!

I think that if the recipient car has a Monsoon system, that the Bose will work fine. That still is based on the 2 design bit. If it has a Monsoon and is of either type, it'll be fine. If it's an internally amped Bose stereo, then it's good to go.

And Bose makes some of the more expensive stereo equipment lol I wouldn't go as far as to say 'some of the best' though. I consider it to be expensive and above average, and I'd rather have something from someone else.
Since you like Pioneer so much I actually have a brand new detach face in the box never used you can have. Only kicker is it's about 10 years old and the design is something out of the 70's I do agree about Alpine kinda running the same look. I've noticed that with their last few models.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

LOL! every pound counts!!!
In my toliet/DD I have pioneer head unit and speakers all around. While Im sure its better than what came in the car its crap compared to my Stock system in my formula.
Btw i never listen to music in the Formula anyways unless its a long cruise! Too busy listing to the beautiful sound of power!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just have a huge turk sandwich with extra heavy mayo and call it good
Old 11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zlicious94
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...relax

Let's cruise this Sunday..supp to be nice out!

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 11-19-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by zlicious94
hahah I just ate a turkey sandwich with mayo and marble-jack cheese slices

I'm not a fan of Pioneer's speakers, they get the job done better than stock (I wouldn't replace my stock Formula's for them mind you), I just really like their decks. The ability to fine tune the frequency(Hz) lets me get the car that the deck is in, sound much better than simply adjusting the EQ alone. I do kinda like this Aiwa (man that doesn't look spelled right lol) in my Toilet Crapolla (Toyota Carolla) due to the Auxiliary 3.5mm input on the front. Since it's not an MP3 deck, I can hook up my MP3 player or Phone to listen to music. And since my phone's headphone adapter has a built in mic, it converts it to hands free too! heh The 3.5" .0005oz (ok probably 8oz) magnet speakers sounds like screaming in a bucket of dog barf though :\ I threw in the spare mids (true Monsoon ones) from my Formula in it, not noticing they were 10ohm and boy was that a waste of time, took them out right away haha The ACTUAL mids from my 93 are 4ohm, so I might try them and see how they turn out. Since I'll be putting in the real Monsoon amp here soon, I assume I'll need the correct ohm speakers then. Only reason I can think of the drastic ohm difference between the years was that the Monsoon amp doesn't do the frequency pass itself and my 93's does. We'll see when the 12110115 plug in arrives and I get around to re-pinning it in the summer

[/ramble]
Old 11-19-2008, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Weight reduction
Yup.. no sense of having something that's broken in the Car.. the Speakers in mine that are next to your Head behind the Doors went out too, they went bye bye..
Old 11-19-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yup.. no sense of having something that's broken in the Car.. the Speakers in mine that are next to your Head behind the Doors went out too, they went bye bye..
I could probably save 30-40lbs by ditching all my stereo stuff, but I wouldn't DARE go w/o that brilliant sound I like my music as much as I like my exhaust and that is what windows and the "Power" button are for Up and on (Or down and louder lol) for music time, and down and off for adrenaline time
Old 11-19-2008, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

I've been thinking about putting an 8" Sub in the Factory Speaker Box that goes in the back left Driver's side of the Car. That way it has a little base with it instead of just sound..lol
Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've been thinking about putting an 8" Sub in the Factory Speaker Box that goes in the back left Driver's side of the Car. That way it has a little base with it instead of just sound..lol
I jsut want the EMPTY speaker box for that hole so my trunk area doesn't look like it's missing a huge piece of trim! That and a new electric trunk pull down so I don't have to keep slamming my trunk, I miss that from my 91's