LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

bad cold start problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad cold start problem

This only happens when it gets realy cold outside so i have just started to noctice it in the past few months. when every the car hasnt been driven for like 12+ hours (like sitting overnight), or if its realy realy cold out, when i go to start the car up it will rev up to about 1300 rpm then just slowly die (over like 3 seconds). Then i start the car back up again and it will jump to an idle and idle fine but then if i give it gas to go all the cylinders drop out execpt like one or two of them and the car shakes and bucks violently for a few seconds then all the cylinders start hitting again at the same time and the car takes off like a rocket, but when they all start missing if i take my foot off the gas all the cylinders will come back in. It only does this for like one or two minutes until it warms up a little then it drives fine.

I just put new ngk tr555's in a few months ago gapped at .045 (could this be to small?). Also i just put in a new opti, msd plug wires, and i have the delteq opti spark delete kit installed.

I have no clue whats going on, can anyone lead me in the right direction?