LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Thinking of parting out project....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking of parting out project....

I've been thinking lately of just parting out this on going project of mine and getting an LS1 and be done with it.... Just getting tired of waiting, never have time or money to do this. Working for half price isn't helping the situation out any. So my question to you is should I just part everything out? Or should I just wait it out, I don't think I will regret it but who knows. Sometimes it's just not meant to be...
Old 12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Launching!

how far along are you on this project ?
Old 12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Keep it man and blow some LSX doors off. LT1 WS6 is one of the best looking fbodys ever
made. Dont give up on it man. You prolly dont have time b/c you just lost intrest. Wait untill that bitch runs. Realize your goal man and stop and think about where you are in the project and what needs to be done to see it though.

Turbo LT1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJaa04OZo_g
Old 12-11-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

well how much more you hav to do because its a pretty nice project
Old 12-11-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

i agree about the losin interest u probably havnt done much recently and r gettin frustrated and feel its a waste of money and will never be done. just gotta realize wen ur done the car will be bad ***
Old 12-11-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28rob18
i agree about the losin interest u probably havnt done much recently and r gettin frustrated and feel its a waste of money and will never be done. just gotta realize wen ur done the car will be bad ***
Same thing happend to me, it was taking so long I had more or less forgot about it, and said "when its done, its done". Now its done and it just sits in the garage with no plates or insurance cause im broke. haha, its a vicious cycle.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:52 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a break from it. I get frustrated working on my 93 all the time and not getting any where. It's really frustrating when you have no money to do anything. That's pretty much where I'm at now.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Take a break from it. I get frustrated working on my 93 all the time and not getting any where. It's really frustrating when you have no money to do anything. That's pretty much where I'm at now.

x2.. I have no more money for new cam/springs/tranny/rear/suspension so im taking a break from it. i have it parked and i start it up once in a while
Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This project has been going on for the past 1.5yrs... Yes that long! Been a slow process especially after my very long dragged out divorce. It just sucks when a there's not a day that someone asks you where's your car? Whens it going to be done? It is partially my fault, I should have had this going a long time ago. Had all the parts for a supercharger build but wanted to go turbo. Man this **** aint cheap.... What I need Trans, Rearend, and pistons... What's that come up to? Another 5k? Side note I have the money for pistons had SRP's but sold to get Diamond pistons. Just wondering if I should pull the trigger and go ahead and buy these or just part all this crap out.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

pull the trigger man dont give up on it in the end youll be happy.

o and also with the econemy you'll never get the price you want for wat you'll sell and that'll **** you off
Old 12-12-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get the Diamond pistons. They have a special F/I piston, it is made of a different material and has a thicker top ring land to withstand boost. Excellent piston, goes well with Hellfire rings too.
I know how you feel, I have been working on my engine for about the same time. But now it is sitting on the engine stand waiting for good weather so I can install it. It will be awesome, and so will yours.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
I would get the Diamond pistons. They have a special F/I piston, it is made of a different material and has a thicker top ring land to withstand boost. Excellent piston, goes well with Hellfire rings too.
I know how you feel, I have been working on my engine for about the same time. But now it is sitting on the engine stand waiting for good weather so I can install it. It will be awesome, and so will yours.
y dont you put it in in the cold?
Old 12-12-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z28rob18
y dont you put it in in the cold?
Because I'm a wimp. A transplant from Texas, I just can't adjust to sub 50s temps.
However, if you are volunteering, I have a really comfortable couch...
The honest answer is it still runs, so I spend my spare time preparing the car, doing the small things that only take an afternoon or so or that I can do in bits and pieces. New front brakes, Snow Stage 2 Methanol injection system, repairing the turbo boost controller, etc.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea ill pass lol the only reason im workin in the winter is the garage has a wood burning stove that keeps u sweating
Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Formula blew up 6/3/07 and I'm still buying parts for it. It's just been camping out at my friend's shop. The best thing you can do is just do it in stages. I was going to do everything at once. After trying to save up the necessary $8k more I need I decided to just build the bottom end. Then, when I get the money do the top end, rear, trans, etc.. That way you'll actually get to enjoy it. You have the advantage that your's still drives. My engine hydrolocked, blew chunks out of the block, and oil pan.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

i wouldn't part it out man...i'm in the lack of money boat as well...of course my problem is that i want a top end right now...yet i want to buy a block and build a 355...and i want to do suspension...and i want to do a rear end...and i want to paint it...and i want a new top...it NEVER ENDS. i need to start playing the lottery, lol
Old 12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whammer33024
i wouldn't part it out man...i'm in the lack of money boat as well...of course my problem is that i want a top end right now...yet i want to buy a block and build a 355...and i want to do suspension...and i want to do a rear end...and i want to paint it...and i want a new top...it NEVER ENDS. i need to start playing the lottery, lol
lottery is just a waste of money lol im so happy im 19 and hav a full time job and no bills so im able to do it all right now
Old 12-12-2008, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Finish it!! I have been working on mine a little over three years. Oh, and the best way to finish a car is to know what goals you have in mind and aim towards that. It seems you change your mind alot costing you money and time. Do some research and buy the right parts first.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpeedDensityZ
Finish it!! I have been working on mine a little over three years. Oh, and the best way to finish a car is to know what goals you have in mind and aim towards that. It seems you change your mind alot costing you money and time. Do some research and buy the right parts first.
ive changed my plans millions of times my original plan was build a 383 but i never had enough money now i hav money and my goal was finish a few things and be happy but the motor is goin bad so the plans hav change to build a badass 383 on spray along wit suspension and drivetrain and hope for 9s

Quick Reply: Thinking of parting out project....