LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

headers. pacesetter LT's and ORY? or maybe LPP

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers. pacesetter LT's and ORY? or maybe LPP

summit has a package on headers right now. it has the LT Pace Setters with ORY and ARP studs for $480 painted black.

how are the pace setters to install? i know the difficulty can easily increase by going with a different brand.

i have dont headers on my third gen and they werent bad, but the LT1 is alot more crowded as we all know.

i also know that the LPP headers have gotten big on here, but i have heard of many installation/fitment issues with them. would they be worth it?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

I have dealt with both the LPP and coated Pacesetters personally. Both are very high quality, and well built. I am a big fan of the pacesetters because of fitment and I like to have a coated header. It was a hassle to put on the LPP's and we had to cut and grind brackets down, lift the motor and take a lot of sh*t out. The pacesetters just slid right up, you dont have to undo motor mounts, or take out the starter, or oil filter at all. Install on pacesetters was about 45 min. max compared to a LOT longer and bigger hassle with the LPP's. My vote goes out to pacesetter all the way, the LPP's also blue/fade/change color really fast after only about 100-200 miles. They look awesome new but after a few runs they dont look near as good as pacesetters do
Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

thanks. that is exactly what i was looking for.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Regular

LPP's!! I just got mine in the mail, F-n look top shelf. I can't wait to install them. You cannot beat the price for the quality you get.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

LPP's are a pain to get installed, but well worth it in the end. I'd rather have "colorful" headers than rusted ones.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that's what i was thinking also, heard about them LPP;s being a PITA to install, and alot of moving, grinding and other BS..i think i might as well go with the marylandspeed's LT'S
http://marylandspeed.com/jet-hot-lon...lt1-p-202.html
Old 12-13-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by duff man
LPP's!! I just got mine in the mail, F-n look top shelf. I can't wait to install them. You cannot beat the price for the quality you get.
The LPP's look awesome when the come out of the box, but when they get hot they discolor. However they will not rust, but as long as you get the coasted pacesetter you will not have a problem with rust at all. The painted ones look like crap and will rust, not the coated ones. Install with the Pacesetter compared to the LPP's is so much easier I cant even describe lol
Old 12-13-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

the coating on the pacesetters blow ***!! I drive my car maby once a weekend and my coating is flaking off and rusting like crazy. A know of a few other cars by me that are doing the same thing. I would not buy the coated ones and save the money and buy the painted ones and get them coated by a good coater, not a 8 year old jap kid!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

i have NEVER heard of anyone say anything about the coating on the pacesetters, and I know a ton of ppl that use them
Old 12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LPPs Are well worth it and Lots of really fast cars making great power are using them. They are 321 Stainless, stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8, Nice thick flanges, Very comparable to Kooks for less than Half the price. I think they look cool after they start to change color, BTW I also have read about alot of PS fitment issues lately.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ThreeHonks
i have NEVER heard of anyone say anything about the coating on the pacesetters, and I know a ton of ppl that use them

ill take a few pics and post them up. Id love to sell them and get a set of LPPs but the fitment and the inner welding looks like crap. But they are SEXY headers!!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
the coating on the pacesetters blow ***!! I drive my car maby once a weekend and my coating is flaking off and rusting like crazy. A know of a few other cars by me that are doing the same thing. I would not buy the coated ones and save the money and buy the painted ones and get them coated by a good coater, not a 8 year old jap kid!
Originally Posted by AChotrod
LPPs Are well worth it and Lots of really fast cars making great power are using them. They are 321 Stainless, stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8, Nice thick flanges, Very comparable to Kooks for less than Half the price. I think they look cool after they start to change color, BTW I also have read about alot of PS fitment issues lately.
Ive got PS on the car now the fitment was really good easiest header install Ive done on a LT1...... till I got to the Ypipe, ypipe didn't fit worth a ****. And yeah the coating isnt that great, but I didn't have good luck with jet hot coating on hooker LT's either
Old 12-13-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive got the lpps and i love them. the only things i had to do fitment wise was move the sterring column and inch and grind a little off the kmember...thats it. i didnt have to undo motor mounts, or take out the starter, or oil filter. get them. youll love em.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
ill take a few pics and post them up. Id love to sell them and get a set of LPPs but the fitment and the inner welding looks like crap. But they are SEXY headers!!
If you can post of a pic of where they peeled off. im interested in seeing this, I've never seen a pacesetter do this and ive seen tons of different sets on cars
Old 12-13-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have coated Pasesetter LT's on my Formula, and love them. They look great, and sound awesome. Cant go wrong getting them.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

i ordered the Pacesetters and ory after reading over the threads. i would rather not have a PITA install, and have the same if not similar performace.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

i ordered LPPs off ebay. i can't wait to get them. i have heard that they are a pain..but also heard they arn't bad to install...minus the little bit with the column. we'll see what i have to do when i get em.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by impaled
i ordered the Pacesetters and ory after reading over the threads. i would rather not have a PITA install, and have the same if not similar performace.
The hardest part is going to be removing the old exhaust, the headers will just slide in. Make sure you jack the car high enough on the front so that the header can easily be maneuvered under the car. It helps to have a friend hold the header up and slip a few bolts in as you position it. If you have any questions on anything with the install feel free to pm me. I did it on my car a couple weeks ago so everything I did is still fresh in my mind lol
Old 12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

my friend has pacesetter coated headers and the coating is comming off around the collector.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Got my LPPs off ebay. I will let you know the difficulty level when I am done. Can't beat $500 for ss headers and ory.

Quick Reply: headers. pacesetter LT's and ORY? or maybe LPP