LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Brodix?

Old 12-24-2008, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Brodix?

Has anyone ever seen the full Brodix catalog? I have one sitting here, and let me tell you, they make 900 bazillion different heads for SBC's alone. They have 23 degree, 18 degree, 16, 15, 14, 13.5, 12, etc........

Why don't they have any love for the LT1?

They have a 18 degree head that accepts all 23 degree hardware, ie: rockers, and non-offset lifters and a regular exhaust pattern. I really think that would be an excellent selling head for the LT1 crowd. It flows over 320cfm out of the box with a 244cc port, requires ZERO special parts except for an intake and it's pretty reasonably priced. You would have to fab up an intake for it which really isn't that hard to do for a lot of people. Most serious LT1 guys are already rocking a single plane intake anyways. Yeah I know that a lot of guys convert SBC stuff over to LT1 cooling patterns, but it would be nice to see some love, who knows, maybe they could come out with a pre-drilled single plane with EFI bosses in it too!

I made this thread after watching all of the replies about the new-Trickflow 21 degree casting which is coming out. I currently run Trickflow 195's, and think they are just fine, but I really don't see what all the hype is about the new 21 degree head. It's another mid/upper-level head that shows some potential, nothing more. I'm sure that AI will get a set to flow around 300-310 after opening it up to 200cc or so. But they already offer a head that does that, and AFR has a head that does that out of the box. I really do applaud them for making the effort to market a new head for us here, but I just don't see the advantage that this new head will offer. I think a full-on kick some LS1 *** head that has 220cc port and flows over 325ish would have been the ticket. Instead, we will still have to send our stuff out to porters for now.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed completely, there is a shitload of 180-200cc heads out there that flow 300cfm, big deal if there is another. I want a 210cc minimum port that will flow closer to 350cfm. Look at the L92 heads, obviously if they are production castings with 230+cc intake ports then the port volume must not mean ****, so give me some volume to push that air through already.
BTW, if you shop around it is quite cheap to convert those heads you mentioned to LTx, hell of alot cheaper than having some 195cc heads ported that is for sure
Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Grr
BTW, if you shop around it is quite cheap to convert those heads you mentioned to LTx, hell of alot cheaper than having some 195cc heads ported that is for sure
Oh, I know what you mean. Heads like that will bounce you into the "Outlaw" class at the shootout though. I would just like to pick up the phone, order a set of killer LT1 heads, and not have to touch/machine them or send them out anywhere else.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wish some one like brodix,world,dart, would make a 210-230cc lt1 head combo with a matching single plane efi intake...and please no bobo 170-180cc head.......... the single plane intake alone would sell like hot cakes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brodix?