LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My misfire os on cyl 8 but....

Old 12-25-2008, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My misfire os on cyl 8 but....

Took it to the shop cause i could not figure it out. They found out the mis was on 8 so they checked the optispark to see if it was sparking and it was, they did the same thing for the wire, that was working and not arching as well. But when they tried to remove the plug it did not want to come out. the mechanic said that the plug came loose about a half a turn then tightened back up and he was afraid it was gonna break. Here is the dilema, he does not think it is the plug or compression her thinks it is the injector, he tested the injector and it is getting pulse but that does not mean it is working right, should i pay the 175 to replace the injector and hope that fixes it or have him risk breaking the plug off in the head?
Old 12-25-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

hell no if you want injectors i have a set of 8 i can ship out to you for $40 as of tomorrow.....
or you can tell him to switch injectors over from 8 to 6 and the miss should b on cyl. 6 if its a dead miss.....if it dont switch over then its not the injectors and lies in the ignition system....but pm if interested in the injectors
Old 12-25-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I would get the plug out. IF anything sounds like some thing may have smacked the spark plug. And good call on the injector thats what i would do if i thought the injector was the culprit see if when i move it the miss changes cylinder.

Search this Thread