LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 LT1 AI Cam-only Motor Build Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 LT1 AI Cam-only Motor Build Pics

So i figured i'd make a new thread for the assembely of the motor so here is a little backround on the motor and the build.

It all started out cause somehow i blew out the head gasket by no. 7 so i decided to do it all while i was tearing it apart. THe car is a 95 Camaro with 38k miles on her. One day notice the coolant was low and keep drinking coolant so i decided to tear into her and found plenty of oil in no 7. So that is how this all started.

Now onto the build... I went with Advanced Inductions 226/234 .569/.570 110LSA cam kit with everything i needed along with a Cloyes double roller and will be getting an EWP when i get the extra cash.

So everything from AI came in today and i got busy right away, i dropped the heads, valve springs, and rocker studs and guide plates at the local machine shop to get milled slightly cleaned, port job done, and the new springs installed. I choose the Mr. Gasket .026 gaskets to bump the compression up and the heads will also be milled slighty so it should be about 11.5:1 compression in the end.

Also installed the cam and timing chain tonight and will get pics of that stuff and everything else tomorrow.

I'm planning on ordering Pacesetter Coated LT's and y-pipe in a couple weeks along with my EWP and 30# SVO injectors and then seeing if i can get it to run on the stock tune just to get some easy break-in miles on her then she's goin on the trailer to Speed Inc. and getting tuned on the dyno by Ion.

Also planning on deleting the A/C and just plugging the box but remove all the lines and gettin the delete pulley.

I will update this thread with pics as more things move along. Here are some pics how the motor sat as of this morning before the cam and timiing chain went in. Will get new pics tomorrow and more as things go back together.

Not much in there-

Here is a few pics of parts that came in a few weeks ago, got the head gaskets and .026 gaskets-

Also so far for suspension i got Comp Eng 3-way adj drag shocks, but planning on adj LCA's, Torque arm, and Subframe connectors

Wheels i got a set of 15x8 Pro-stars and going to pick up either greg weld or pro-star fronts eventually. Rims still need a little more polishing any ideas?

I'm hoping to run low low 12's maybe high 11's once everything is done and ready to go.

Thats all for now, i will keep updating as the motor comes together and more parts get ordered.

Enough of me rambling, Let's hear what you guys think!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 AM
TECH Veteran

looks bad *** bro im glad all working out for ya and it looks like you go the oil pan out too....which is great.....hell ya delete all you can from the engine and lighten all you can as well...
Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like your on the right path! With the right suspension you should reach the 11's. As for the wheels, I can't think of the name but it comes in a chrome can about 4" in diameter and looks like cotton candy. I might be made by Eagle 1 but I'm not positive, anyway it works great and is availabel pretty much anywhere. Mothers polish works well too!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Banned

not wasting anytime

I would do the fuel line relocate while you got it tore down.

I used a Mothers PowerBall and Mothers Billet polish on my fathers wheels. They came out great and everyone always says those are the most shiny Welds I've ever seen
Old 12-30-2008, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

looking good so far. i am doing the same project minus the heads. have fun removing the a/c. that box is a pain in the ***. keep the pics coming.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks about like my engine right now.......
Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

dont for get about that ugly emsions u tub...it dont belong in your car,the garbage is a great place for it
Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, you're moving right along. Too bad it won't be ready for Hangover Fest. I think me, and a few people from my town are going to make the trip up to Cordova for it.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

looks like its gonna be a stout build! start saving for a 9" now haha
Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
looks bad *** bro im glad all working out for ya and it looks like you go the oil pan out too....which is great.....hell ya delete all you can from the engine and lighten all you can as well...
Ya i replaced the pan gasket with a fel-pro cause i ripped the front when taking off the timing chain cover.

Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28
Looks like your on the right path! With the right suspension you should reach the 11's. As for the wheels, I can't think of the name but it comes in a chrome can about 4" in diameter and looks like cotton candy. I might be made by Eagle 1 but I'm not positive, anyway it works great and is availabel pretty much anywhere. Mothers polish works well too!
I'm hoping i get some money after tune and headers to get some good suspension before opening day but that in high on my list next. I'll try the mothers polish, thanks!

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
not wasting anytime

I would do the fuel line relocate while you got it tore down.

I used a Mothers PowerBall and Mothers Billet polish on my fathers wheels. They came out great and everyone always says those are the most shiny Welds I've ever seen
What's the fuel line relocate mod? Anyone got a link? Thanks for the good words, i'll see you once she is done and ready for a tune!

Originally Posted by TABBED 5.3
looking good so far. i am doing the same project minus the heads. have fun removing the a/c. that box is a pain in the ***. keep the pics coming.
I'm not removing the whole box just yet, just gonna remove all the lines, condesor, and pump. More pics coming in a bit.

Originally Posted by fuel
dont for get about that ugly emsions u tub...it dont belong in your car,the garbage is a great place for it
Oh ya all the emmissions stuff will be in it's home, the garbage haha.

More pics coming here real soon, headed down to take them now.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96LT1355Z28
Never Dull????? Mothers billet polish works way better.

Coming along Nice!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is how she's been sitting for a few months already and is finnaly going back together...

Cloyes double roller installed along with the cam and rockers are in...

Here is a couple new parts that came in the AI kit, i forgot to take a pic of the cam before i put it in though and the rest is at the machine shop with the heads...

Painting the intake gloss black, it's all taped up it still needs another coat...

That's all i got today guys, will be workin more on it on thursday. Hoping to get the timing chain cover back on, crank hub, crank pulley, and opti on. Maybe start workin on tearin out the A/C lines also.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Nice!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

Default fuel line

nice write up and cheaper route using the factory lines

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ock-lines.html

I used AN fittings and lines which will be about $150 in parts.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
nice write up and cheaper route using the factory lines

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ock-lines.html

I used AN fittings and lines which will be about $150 in parts.
Thanks larry, i will prolly do that this weekend, I'm always done to clean up the engine bay!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2XR95Z28
Thanks larry, i will prolly do that this weekend, I'm always done to clean up the engine bay!

no problem
Old 12-30-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Machine shop called and the heads are already done so i'm picking those up tomorrow and will snap some pics of those in the morning.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2XR95Z28
Machine shop called and the heads are already done so i'm picking those up tomorrow and will snap some pics of those in the morning.
nice
Old 12-30-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

can you pm or post here an approximate price the machine shop charged to do the head work? thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

So when you gonna ship me those Mickey T's

Looks good man!

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 AI Cam-only Motor Build Pics