LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

WTF my Pcm was unplugged

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF my Pcm was unplugged

ok so i have been having some problems with my TPS so i was using a flow chart to help find out what was worng with my tps. step four told me to unbolt the pcm and check the tps signal wire. well i unbolt it and the top driver side plug was not connected wtf ? how could it just come out by its self. but now all the code i had are gone?
Old 01-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda weird that it would unplug, but the good news is you fixed your problem!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

With the way those plugs are designed I cannot see for the life of me how it could come unplugged all by itself unless it was never plugged in correctly in the first place. I take it the red pins that hold the clips in place are gone? Good deal that it was such an easy fix.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're trying to tell me this is the first time that Gremlins have struck for you? If so, lucky you! They hit me about 2 weeks ago while working on my friend's S10. I was bringing the ratchet with a 10mm deep socket on it, a 6" extension and a screwdriver up from down at the motor mount where I was working. I was on the passenger side and the socket clipped one of the heater hoses, well you know those high dollar SnapOn and Mac tools, they hold onto sockets OH so well (don't get me started on their screw drivers and the lack of magnetizing ANY of them) Anyways, the socket fell off and I heard it hit metal, but not floor. I searched, and searched, and searched... Got the flashlight and searched more. Got on the creeper and searched more, and searched with my hands up in weird spots. Told my friend (who's tools they are) that I just can't find it, so HE searched and search and searched! Nothing... his co-worker asked what we were looking for and so HE looked all over for it! Never found it... Inner fender well was out of it, heater box(no A/C) was on, so it couldn't have fell into some weird spot. I was almost in the middle of the engine bay so it didn't fall inside the fender, but I wasn't over the motor so it didn't fall on top of it.

Just one of those things that has no explanation, so all there is to do, is chalk it up to the Gremlins :\ I've got more examples where there is no reason for what happened, to have, but it is!