LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

seperate feul system for n20?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seperate feul system for n20?

I was reading on another site where a guy claims he runs a seperate fuel system for his spray and sprays a assload. I've done it on carburated cars never on one of these. Anyone on here done it? Got a write up on it or can u explain it to me. I may wanna try this.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SHDY 5.7
I was reading on another site where a guy claims he runs a seperate fuel system for his spray and sprays a assload. I've done it on carburated cars never on one of these. Anyone on here done it? Got a write up on it or can u explain it to me. I may wanna try this.
He might be talking about having a stand alone fuel cell somewhere for nitrous. Many times you'll see it in the engine bay...a small aluminum box that has fuel in it, it pressurizes it and shoots it along with the n2o wherever he plumbs the tubing.
For most applications that isn't necessary. The majority of people would suffice with a Walbro 255lph fuel pump and some upgraded injectors (depending on whether you go wet or dry).
Old 02-04-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a wet kit on my car now. Yeah he said he has a 3 gallon cell in the hatch for the spray. Im just curious on how it makes it safer to spray more. I know carb'd elec pumps put 7 to 14psi,my stock pump puts out way more,so does it help because its not pulling from the factory pump? He says he is spraying 200+ on a wet kit to a stone stock lt1. No aftermarket inj's or pump. He claims to have been using this set up for 3 seasons with no issues.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a wet kit on my car now. Yeah he said he has a 3 gallon cell in the hatch for the spray. Im just curious on how it makes it safer to spray more. I know carb'd elec pumps put 7 to 14psi,my stock pump puts out way more,so does it help because its not pulling from the factory pump? He says he is spraying 200+ on a wet kit to a stone stock lt1. No aftermarket inj's or pump. He claims to have been using this set up for 3 seasons with no issues.
Here's a pic:

I think the safety comes from the fact that it's a separate fuel supply system. If you spray a 200 shot and your fuel pump dies or something happens to cause you go go lean....BOOM.
Stock LT1 fuel pressure spec is 43.5psi with the vacuum line disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator, buy anywhere from 41-47psi is fine.
If you want to run n2o, I always recommend getting a Racetronix kit, they use Walbro pumps.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Racetronix kit? Is that the pic? Im such a noob lol.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Racetronix kit? Is that the pic? Im such a noob lol.
No, that's a picture of a fuel cell.

Here is the link to the Racetronix kit:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...PA-003&eq=&Tp=
Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Banned

I like to use the dedicated systems with anything 200 or more. This will be something used on my car at some point.

it's much more safe at higher levels so you do not pull so much off the rail

Last edited by LS1 SPEED; 02-04-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:23 PM
9 Second Club

yeah just so you know it doesn't make it safer to spray more cause your motor still has limitations....

just know that like was mentioned it pulls less of the rail......

Or you can run a dry system if your engine mgmt is setup to do it (FAST XFI is and Accel Gen VII as well)....

You run a big pump to satisfy overall fuel demand (Motor and Nitrous) and injectors that can support overall fuel demand. when your car is NA your pulse width's are all pulled back to normal...

when you spray the nitrous is sprayed into the intake ONLY either thru a plate or direct port fogger and your computer signals the injectors to up their pulse width and pulse duration to supply the additional fuel needed....

I've run both dry and wet and honestly I like dry better..... less weight, fuel comes from one location, and assuming you have a built fuel system with big rails/big pump/big injectors the power delivery is smooth and controlled.... helps to have a wideband as well.... But this stuff is advanced nitrous tech... the standalone fuel system is great for a fuel system only setup to provide enough fuel for NA.... you put the standalone on there and it has it's own supply and pump to feed fuel to the fuel solenoid for only nitrous usage...
Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

So if I were to run a seperate cell etc ..... do I just use a out of the box carb pump(holley black) and regulator or is there a better way of doing it?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

So if I were to run a seperate cell etc ..... do I just use a out of the box carb pump(holley black) and regulator or is there a better way of doing it?
Well you don't have a sig, so no one knows what set up you have. Are you carbed?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:52 PM
9 Second Club

So if I were to run a seperate cell etc ..... do I just use a out of the box carb pump(holley black) and regulator or is there a better way of doing it
honestly i wouldn't piece it together. i would order the full kit from nitro daves nitrous warehouse.....

it comes complete and the cell goes where the battery used to be..... i believe it has multiple springs for the fuel pump for high/lo pressure and a return as well.... do it once and do it right...
Old 02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

My car is efi. Im just trying to gather knowledge on this stuff. Ill have to look into the kits.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you can run low or high pressure for a standalone. some prefer high, some prefer low. i went low pressure... mainly because i bought the kit for little to nothing.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do u mind if I ask what all was in ur kit?

Search this Thread