LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 355 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 355 build

Hey guys, I have a spare motor and want to have it built since my 96 impala currently has 120k on it. I'm getting the money together and geting the LE2 head cam kit. I've seen the procharger kit available by NRP, but I'm not sure how long untill I'm able to get that. It's going to be a daily driven car. If everything works out I can drop the old LT1 into my 88 Monte Carlo LS, and have fun trying to get it to work lol. Motor still runs like a champ, but not as hard as I'd like. So back to the 355 build. Not sure to go all forged bottom end or like I've seen throughout the threads in the forum to just go forged pistons at least. I'm not dreaming of 700hp just streetable HP thats at the mercy of my foot when tempted.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sdotlog
Hey guys, I have a spare motor and want to have it built since my 96 impala currently has 120k on it. I'm getting the money together and geting the LE2 head cam kit. I've seen the procharger kit available by NRP, but I'm not sure how long untill I'm able to get that. It's going to be a daily driven car. If everything works out I can drop the old LT1 into my 88 Monte Carlo LS, and have fun trying to get it to work lol. Motor still runs like a champ, but not as hard as I'd like. So back to the 355 build. Not sure to go all forged bottom end or like I've seen throughout the threads in the forum to just go forged pistons at least. I'm not dreaming of 700hp just streetable HP thats at the mercy of my foot when tempted.
A quality rebuild will be sufficient, with the addition of forged pistons if you are going to be running a lot of spray. There is a another thread right now asking the same exact question about a stock rebuilt bottom end with a LE2 top end.

Quick Reply: LT1 355 build