LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Quick stock LT1 head question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick stock LT1 head question...

I was just curious if I had a set of LT1 stock heads if they are worth working to something better or not worth the effort? Basically, if I had a spare set of stocker heads, could they slowly over time be worked into something worth while to throw on my car down the road or just save up and get some other manufacturers heads? If this question has been asked a million times, I apologize and just throw up a link...I haven't quite fine tuned the search to bring up what i am looking for every time yet :-( Thanks again guys.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

www.advancedinduction.com

Depending on the casting number, you can have them ported (not all castings provide the same gains).
Old 02-21-2009, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.elliottsportworks.com/lt1.html

Lloyd Elliott also ports stock lt1 heads
Old 02-22-2009, 06:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Advanced Induction ported stock heads are arguably the best choice for most builds, great for anything from a quick daily driver to a 9 second NA track car. If you just have to have an aftermarket casting the Trickflows are the only one I would look at.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:18 AM
TECH Regular

So basically it would be better to get one of these stock head set-ups from one of these guys who works heads professionally than to have a spare set of heads here off car to take locally or work myself? Essentially, the above listed are head shops then right? I have a pretty good local guy, but not sure what he'd charge compared to someone like the above who seem to specialize in it...not to mention they specialize in it and hopefully have it down pat versus the local guy who may not know everything there is to know about the LT1 head. I am looking at a quick daily driver basically, and the $900 LE1 or maybe the LE2 are probably what I'm looking for as I would be using a 210/218 cam with 1.6rr. The only thing I could maybe do with the spare heads then is have the local guy work them, try them out, and if they aren't everything I expected, I can run with a LE1 or LE2 down the road I guess? What do you all think?

Quick Reply: Quick stock LT1 head question...