LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

stupid question... how do you pull the injectors off the intake manifold?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid question... how do you pull the injectors off the intake manifold?

i disassembled the intake manifold i bought used to port with my heads and have completely disassembled the heads (including valves and valve springs)

but am having an issue with getting the fuel injectors and rails off of the intake manfold. i removed the snap rings at the top and it still wont come off/

i searched and looked at shoebox's site and have found nothing.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I rook mine off, there were just the 4 bolts holding the rail down to the intake and then the injectors and rail popped out. After I got the rail and injectors away from the intake (I didn't disconnect the fuel lines) I twisted the clips and pulled the injectors out.

If you've removed everything, I'm not too sure then what the hold up is, short of the o-rings being rock hard and have like cemented themselves in :\
Old 02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Once you have the four bolts removed, there's nothing holding them in other than the injector o-rings and friction. You can gently pry up on the front fuel rail crossover tube with a screwdriver to pop the rails loose (93s don't have the crossover tube).

Last edited by RamAir95TA; 02-25-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

shoot a bit of wd-40 on the o rings and twist em around a little, theyll pop right out. And when you go back together, get some new rings. I went to the dealership for them, they wer only 25 bucks.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Formula350
When I rook mine off, there were just the 4 bolts holding the rail down to the intake and then the injectors and rail popped out. After I got the rail and injectors away from the intake (I didn't disconnect the fuel lines) I twisted the clips and pulled the injectors out.

If you've removed everything, I'm not too sure then what the hold up is, short of the o-rings being rock hard and have like cemented themselves in :\
this happens. just pry on them a little. one by one is how i did it. after the first few they all come.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I forgot to mention I had pried up on mine via the rail from front to back, since mine's a 93 and doesn't have the crossover as RamAir pointed out thus allowing the rails to sort of twist up. Either way, some gentle leverage should pop them out. As a last resort (as not to damage the injectors, assuming you're not replacing them) you could tap (<- keyword) on the rails above each injector with a hammer to shock them loose, but I'd try hitting them with WD-40 or penetrating lube and let them sit overnight before you go that route.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Veteran

yes sir easy as that^
Old 03-01-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

i got them a few days ago and forgot to post.

pb blaster dumdumdum
Old 03-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by impaled
i got them a few days ago and forgot to post.

pb blaster dumdumdum
thanks for the update

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stupid question... how do you pull the injectors off the intake manifold?