LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Which Lowering Kit is for Me

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Lowering Kit is for Me

i wanna lower my car to get rid of the fender gap and want the car to set even in the front and back when its lowered..how many inches will it take to get rid of the gap and have the car sitting even with a badass stance...im hearing good things about the prokit is that for me or should i look into something different??????

ps..i want to car to be slammed pretty low....i got stock rims and tires and want the fender gap little as possiable but still ride ok
Old 03-01-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Eibach prokit with a set of the agx shocks, and love the stance and ride quality. It is level front and rear and looks mean as hell...to me anyway, but I also have TT2's instead of stock wheels, and believe me it makes a big difference.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also running the Pro-Kit with KYB AGX adjustable. The rear sits a little higher then the front. Overall it's a comfortable ride that allows you to still drive over speed bumps, up somewhat steep driveways w/o scrapping when doing so. I have seen guys first hand lower fbodies too low and Sacrifice their drivability around town. Key thing too remember we are driving Muscle cars and not Honda's
Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

My car has QA1 coilovers up front and QA1 adjustables and Eibach sportlines out back, the stance is perfect.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Banned

How's the ride on the Sportlines? I have heard a lot of negative things about them. Seen several Poles in the suspension section between the two kits and the Sportlines never seem to come out on top. With LT's, cut outs etc etc I just see this kit being too much of a drop.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Verz
My car has QA1 coilovers up front and QA1 adjustables and Eibach sportlines out back, the stance is perfect.

dude thats it right there u just sold me ...thats what i was looking for its perfect...i was going to do the agx's instend of the qa1s do u guys think that will change the look and alot more or should i just save a little more paper up and go qa1's
Old 03-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
How's the ride on the Sportlines? I have heard a lot of negative things about them. Seen several Poles in the suspension section between the two kits and the Sportlines never seem to come out on top. With LT's, cut outs etc etc I just see this kit being too much of a drop.
i to see that the prokit comes out on top as well in the poles i really like the look of his ride tho...just not sure if it would look that great with stock rims and tires as far as the fender gap go's??????????
Old 03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Launching!

I had the Sportlines on my first Fbody and they were absolutly **** springs. I would never lead someone towards them. They sit too low and bottoming out well let's just say I hope you enjoy it
Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ROWDYZ28
I had the Sportlines on my first Fbody and they were absolutly **** springs. I would never lead someone towards them. They sit too low and bottoming out well let's just say I hope you enjoy it
yea **** all that bottoming out bullshit i dont want all that...i just want the car to be low lol...the proline kit says its a 1.3in drop compared to whatever the sportlines are so i guess i should find something in the middle
Old 03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by th3brandon
i to see that the prokit comes out on top as well in the poles i really like the look of his ride tho...just not sure if it would look that great with stock rims and tires as far as the fender gap go's??????????
So you care about looks over rideability? Setting yourself up for failure there bro The Pro-Kit will settle a bit lower after time too. Noticed that with mine. Overall it's a perfect ride height for DD and track use.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Launching!

yea **** all that bottoming out bullshit i dont want all that...i just want the car to be low lol...the proline kit says its a 1.3in drop compared to whatever the sportlines are so i guess i should find something in the middle
I had Koni's on it too. Forget about the look factor and consintrate on how it's going to drive and handle.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

not to still the thread but whats part # for qa1 coilovers
Old 03-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
So you care about looks over rideability? Setting yourself up for failure there bro The Pro-Kit will settle a bit lower after time too. Noticed that with mine. Overall it's a perfect ride height for DD and track use.
yea good point , but the cars not much of a dd and see's more driving on days when the weathers not to bad...and more in summer time with a couple runs at the track here and there...but i didnt take into a count about those springs sagging over time thanks for pointing that at i might wanna go with something a little higher then
Old 03-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned

yea good point , but the cars not much of a dd and see's more driving on days when the weathers not to bad...and more in summer time with a couple runs at the track here and there...but i didnt take into a count about those springs sagging over time thanks for pointing that at i might wanna go with something a little higher then
Pretty much any kit will settle in over a period of time. I personally think you would be happy with the Pro-Kit. Just my .2
Old 03-01-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would go koni's/strano springs. I already have the koni's and the springs are on order for when he gest the next batch. Should be 6-8 wks from now.

Quick Reply: Which Lowering Kit is for Me