LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Did I just Coc% my allignment w/ engine install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Did I just Coc% my allignment w/ engine install?

Sorry if this should be in another section please move it, but my ?? is that today I'm putting my engine/trans/K member back in the car from the bottom, I'm noticing that the driver side pin on the K member has a semi tight fighting hole to go into on the driver's side of the frame, the passenger side however seems to have a slotted hole with alot of room to move around, and as I'm jacking/tightening it all back up there seems to be alot of play with regard to where the K member sits on the frame. So my ?? is have I just destroyed whatever wheel allignment I had previous to this and do I need to go immediately to have it checked once I pull the car out?? I did the drop it from the bottom method partly b/c it would seem to not disturb any allignment bolt?

Migs
Old 03-06-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I did not have any alignment issues with bottom removal.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by multmigs
Sorry if this should be in another section please move it, but my ?? is that today I'm putting my engine/trans/K member back in the car from the bottom, I'm noticing that the driver side pin on the K member has a semi tight fighting hole to go into on the driver's side of the frame, the passenger side however seems to have a slotted hole with alot of room to move around, and as I'm jacking/tightening it all back up there seems to be alot of play with regard to where the K member sits on the frame. So my ?? is have I just destroyed whatever wheel allignment I had previous to this and do I need to go immediately to have it checked once I pull the car out?? I did the drop it from the bottom method partly b/c it would seem to not disturb any allignment bolt?

Migs
No, you can't throww off your alignment. If you look at the k-member you will notice a locating dowel pin on each side. The k-member can only go back into the same exact place you dropped it out. Not to mention that the rear most pair of k-member bolts are not slotted and paired with the dowels, the k-member only has one position it can be in.

I have dropped out many engines, never once had an alignment issue.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree, shouldn't change alignement at all.

Quick Reply: Did I just Coc% my allignment w/ engine install?