LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Alarm Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Problems

Thought i would send out a post before i bring my car out of storage to see if anyone has run into the same problem as i am having.

When ever its humid out or raining hard my car goes crazy. First the alarm goes off. So I disarm it and lock the car again with the remote but the interior lights stay on.. no matter how many times i press lock or unlock then lock, they wont go out and if i leave it with the lights on the alarm goes off again within 5 mins. Only way around this is disconnecting the battery.

Any help would be great

Cheers
Mike
Old 03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by watkinss
Thought i would send out a post before i bring my car out of storage to see if anyone has run into the same problem as i am having.

When ever its humid out or raining hard my car goes crazy. First the alarm goes off. So I disarm it and lock the car again with the remote but the interior lights stay on.. no matter how many times i press lock or unlock then lock, they wont go out and if i leave it with the lights on the alarm goes off again within 5 mins. Only way around this is disconnecting the battery.

Any help would be great

Cheers
Mike
How do you know for sure that it only happens when its raining? If so, I'd guess that its a ground/short issue. The moisture might be allowing electricity to ground somewhere. I'd check all of the wires associated with the alarm and lights.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Teching In

i know it only happens when it rains cuz thats the only time it will wake me up in the middle of the night

cheers i'll give that a try
Old 03-17-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well man this is wierd cause mine is doing the same thing i just came in from checking my car out it was going out and its been raining and real humid outside and its been going nuts i disarm it and then like 20-30 seconds later it went nuts again and again??? its been working fine otherwise never had a problewm with it going off before??
Old 03-17-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fixed mine it was the shock sensor ....moisture build-up in it.....alarm works like it use to now...
Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Teching In

cheers. i'll give that a look at when i take it out.