LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Props "again" to lloyd Elliott!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props "again" to lloyd Elliott!!

He has to be one of the nicest guys on the planet, we really need to support people like him, they are getting rare.

Thanks Again Lloyd for your sound advice & patiance
Old 03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

little info on what he did for you would be super, haha
Old 03-10-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Been on the horn with him over the last few weeks about cam sellection & other stupid questions i've had about springs & such even though i haven't bought anything from him or used his services yet, he never hesitates to give advice, but when it comes time for my heads to be ported, my business will go to him, if threads like this help send business his way, then i'll do it, may be in the wrong forum, but what the heck lol.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LM97Z
He has to be one of the nicest guys on the planet, we really need to support people like him, they are getting rare.

Thanks Again Lloyd for your sound advice & patiance
Who is Lloyd Elliott

Glad to hear you had a good experience with him. I also second this! I actually called him on Sunday night (knowing he wouldn't answer because it was on a Sunday) and he called me back yesterday afternoon apologizing that it took him so long to call back. I was like, Lloyd it's the next day it's all good...lol! Guy's like him are a rare breed and he is hands down one of the coolest and most friendly guys to deal with.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

i have been meaning to call him but dont want to bug the crap out of him till im really ready to make that move, but when its time i will be calling him. probably everyday LOL
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'm kind of in your boots djjab...so at this point i've just been emailing him. when it gets closer to build time i will call him...hopefully only once or twice as he's given me so much help over emails already. real stand up guy!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Who is Lloyd Elliott

Glad to hear you had a good experience with him. I also second this! I actually called him on Sunday night (knowing he wouldn't answer because it was on a Sunday) and he called me back yesterday afternoon apologizing that it took him so long to call back. I was like, Lloyd it's the next day it's all good...lol! Guy's like him are a rare breed and he is hands down one of the coolest and most friendly guys to deal with.
Yup, Id enjoy meeting him in person!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by djjab57
i have been meaning to call him but dont want to bug the crap out of him till im really ready to make that move, but when its time i will be calling him. probably everyday LOL
Originally Posted by whammer33024
i'm kind of in your boots djjab...so at this point i've just been emailing him. when it gets closer to build time i will call him...hopefully only once or twice as he's given me so much help over emails already. real stand up guy!
I feel ya both. I did the opposite..I called him non-stop months before and during my build for advise and with any questions I felt needed answers. Being a business owner and with the economy/market I would think he would be glad people were showing an interest in his products. The only way he is going to get business is to help us guys out and take time with us during our builds. I mean hey, I'm sure he understands that the majority of us want to build it right the first time and he sure as hell doesn't want some dip **** buying his stuff and then throwing it in wrong and potentially have the build go sour..that is why he always takes the time to suggest other items/upgrades for his builds regardless if you have asked so you get it right the first time.

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
Yup, Id enjoy meeting him in person!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

He is a great guy. He lives about an hour from us and we've always taken heads to him. I remember when his porting was only like $400, lol. Like 5 or 6 years ago. When I dropped my heads off he stopped working for almost an hour and a half just to talk and take a look at another set of heads I brought. He doesn't mind taking time to help people get the right setup going. And I'd put money on that the people who are dissapointed in his stuff probably didn't listen to his advice or set their motor up wrong. Like running 10.5 compression when he specifically says you need all the compression you can get. Hence the reason my motor will be over 12 on compression. Things like that. I wish you guys could meet him though, just as nice in person as on the phone and through emails. He loves this stuff and he loves helping people get the results they want.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

He was just awesome to work with! I would recomend him to anyone in the market. I have talked to him on sunday nights he emails me back even if its 11 at night and He took care of me better than I could have ever expected. A++++++++++ for product and service!! I hope he makes it up to the LTX shootout so I can meet him in person!!!!!

Same goes for Larry at Speedinc!!! All my buisness will go through him! A+++++++++ for Service and product!!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

i wish i lived close to him, i would just drop the car off and say have at it lol
Old 03-10-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

i'm with you djjab...lol

once i save a little bit of money he's going to be getting some dart heads to port for me. he will probably be happy when he doesn't have to hear from me again for a while, haha
Old 03-10-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

i live near houston and never had heard of Red Oak but i just did a search and he is only 220 miles from me lol i can still do it
Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Teching In

my heads will be going to him when i get everything ready. he's just over 3 hours away, so i'm going to drop them off and pick them up at his shop. he's already helped me out more so than others with advise.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't help but think he has the same conversation with everyone.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

me and a buddy sold him some core heads a while back. he was a real nice guy, gave us a tour of his shop and talked heads and cams with us for a while
Old 03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
I can't help but think he has the same conversation with everyone.
All his conversationd are based off your goals with the car and current set up.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
All his conversationd are based off your goals with the car and current set up.
I understand that.

But how many people come to him with a scenario he's never dealt with before? Most everyone falls into one particular category.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, hey this is my own deal here for Lloyd, i wish this could be e-mailed to him, i'm sure he would appriate all the kind words from you guys, even back in the day when all i spoke was Mopar, i would here nothing but good things about Lloyd Elliott within the Bow-Tie guys, i'm going back 20+ yrs. ago, so IMO, the struggling economy has nothing to do with his good nature, this is just instilled in him, he loves what he does, & loves helping people. Oh & BTW, he has built & Loves Mopars too .
Old 03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Wouldnt that be the same for every company in the world with good customer service then?
The fact that he can be reached at almost any time and his enthusiasm for his projects and customers is unheard off. Aleast in my 15 yrs of dealing with performance parts. He will always lead you in the right direction even if he loses the buisness for it. He is very very knowledgeable about everything he says. On top of it all he is super nice guy and very pleasant to deal with. Hell he doent even toot his own horn he lets his products and customers do it for him.

Quick Reply: Props "again" to lloyd Elliott!!