LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

how many??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how many??

how many heat shields are there under the car that i can remove? id lik to get some of them off soon
Old 03-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by z28rob18
how many heat shields are there under the car that i can remove? id lik to get some of them off soon
For what purpose? Weight reduction?

IIRC, there are heat shields above each side of the exhaust.
There is a heat shield covering the hydraulic line for the tranny. There is a heat sheild covering the brake lines along the side of the engine bay. There are heat shields on the exhaust manifolds.

That's all that I can think of. The only ones I would even consider removing would be the ones above the exhaust as it goes under the body because it is not shielding heat from any wires or fluids, just the body. Even then, removing it wouldn't save you much at all.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
For what purpose? Weight reduction?

IIRC, there are heat shields above each side of the exhaust.
There is a heat shield covering the hydraulic line for the tranny. There is a heat sheild covering the brake lines along the side of the engine bay. There are heat shields on the exhaust manifolds.

That's all that I can think of. The only ones I would even consider removing would be the ones above the exhaust as it goes under the body because it is not shielding heat from any wires or fluids, just the body. Even then, removing it wouldn't save you much at all.
thats what i figured. but im goin to take out the ones near exhaust. they may only equal 1lb but if i left everything that weight 1lb on the car it could add up to 10lbs. weight adds up quick