LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Installed HIDs, check it out.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed HIDs, check it out.

Looks amazing, car looks alot newer and cleaner.

Some guys dont like hids and say its rice and etc??

Also Light output is much better to.

6k bulbs.

Install wasnt to bad, had to use alil silicone to hold the bulb in place thats all ......

and I ran the wires to the ballasts just behind the light supports, sort of a pain cause the wires arent very long but I got it.

all i get for now is camera phone pics but you get the idea

Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

looks nice and bright!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I put HIDs on one of my cars light output is awesome but I can't get them aimed so they don't blind others.

Maybe wait a week and see if you are as happy.

I should say my car has 9004 bulbs which always sucks light distribution wise.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
I put HIDs on one of my cars light output is awesome but I can't get them aimed so they don't blind others.

my car is realy low, ive got 1.5 drop so i shouldnt blind anyone realy..

Suv hight is what sucks to look into
Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Awesome car! love the hood.

Where did you buy the lights from? I want to put some brighter lights in mine, but haven't found any kits or anything.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Staging Lane

I would like to know where you got these as well. I need something a little brighter for night driving.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

man look at that glare... ohh well at least now you can see.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
my car is realy low, ive got 1.5 drop so i shouldnt blind anyone realy..

Suv hight is what sucks to look into
Vehicle height is not the issue with oncoming traffic, where the light is distributed is.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. I just installed mine last weekend. I love 'em. They look so much better than the stock bulbs. I got 10k bulbs, but they don't really seem to be all that blue. They look more like an 8k, maybe. But, I'm still happy with them.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

Vehicle height is not the issue with oncoming traffic, where the light is distributed is.
So my lifted Jeep doesn't play a roll with it's 5inch lift? You can only angle the lights so much and still be able to see the road decently and not blind oncoming traffic. So I guess your theory doesn't hold true for every vehicle.

Them things are bright man! I like them.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I NEED lights like these not just to have but because the stock lights suck, cant see a dam thing, Question, what brand and I know they are bright but do they have distance? I saw an article on HID's where they were very bright but faded into the dark. I have a Mag Light that with a Krypton bulb it was bright and looked like a spot light, then I switched to something like a HID buld, it was brighter but had no distance like the other, so I was just wondering...
Old 03-13-2009, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

i have hids in my camaro. i'm sure they annoy people. i thought they would light up the ground better but they just light everything up. i think a good solution is to get some really good driving lights. maybe if i did it over id get the driving lights.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
I NEED lights like these not just to have but because the stock lights suck, cant see a dam thing, Question, what brand and I know they are bright but do they have distance? I saw an article on HID's where they were very bright but faded into the dark. I have a Mag Light that with a Krypton bulb it was bright and looked like a spot light, then I switched to something like a HID buld, it was brighter but had no distance like the other, so I was just wondering...

Believe this is the kit I bought.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...7603QQtcZphoto

My car uses the 9004 bulb though. Like I said the light is awesome for me but not for oncomming drivers too much like a flood light. Even pointed down to the point where I am starting to lose some of the benefit of having them I still get at least one oncoming driver flashing me in my 30 miles rural wisconsin commute.
Vehicle height is A factor but not THE factor. Head lights are not supposed to be a flood light, they throw a carefully designed pattern. Overseas the patterns are often better than here. At one point the German spec headlights for the b-body were the best lighting you could get, all out of stock now though. Had great lateral distribution without shining high, there was a crisp cutoff dark above light below.

My next try I think will be Focuztech, they have some awesome lighting stuff, I just tried to be cheap and in the end I will do it right because cheap did not work.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

wOW I think this is got to be the first post Ive seen 96capmgr post that was not bashing someone for being incompetent lol. Congrats!!
The Hid's look awsome btw!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

i just got mine from led guages site. cant wait to get them installed. i went with the 4300 since it has the cleanest output of white light.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Believe this is the kit I bought.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...7603QQtcZphoto

My car uses the 9004 bulb though. Like I said the light is awesome for me but not for oncomming drivers too much like a flood light. Even pointed down to the point where I am starting to lose some of the benefit of having them I still get at least one oncoming driver flashing me in my 30 miles rural wisconsin commute.
Vehicle height is A factor but not THE factor. Head lights are not supposed to be a flood light, they throw a carefully designed pattern. Overseas the patterns are often better than here. At one point the German spec headlights for the b-body were the best lighting you could get, all out of stock now though. Had great lateral distribution without shining high, there was a crisp cutoff dark above light below.

My next try I think will be Focuztech, they have some awesome lighting stuff, I just tried to be cheap and in the end I will do it right because cheap did not work.
Wow, that kit's kinda pricey. The one I bought was only $64 shipped, and it also came with a 2 year warranty on everything. I'm really surprised that I haven't had a problem with glare on mine. They seem to be shining just the way they should. No one's flashed their brights at me yet, atleast.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Banned

Ebay has kits for around 60$ bros.

Very easy install. Plug and play

as for distance its a slightly better , you cant expect much from the stock square housings...

But anything is better then out stock bulbs.

Alot of cars come facotry with HIDS that anoy ppl , Hopefully mine arent to bad since Im so low...
Old 03-13-2009, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

I am about to order these based on someone else's recommendation. Anyone use these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Slim-...mZ280312935999
Old 03-13-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tspence45
Wow, that kit's kinda pricey. The one I bought was only $64 shipped, and it also came with a 2 year warranty on everything. I'm really surprised that I haven't had a problem with glare on mine. They seem to be shining just the way they should. No one's flashed their brights at me yet, atleast.
There's no way around it. A halogen housing with an HID bulb will glare. You may not notice it, or may think it's supposed to look like that, but trust me there's glare. It just depends on how your headlights are aligned and the type of conversions. 9004 and similiar have horrible glare. an H4 with a hi/lo kit with the shield isn't bad. the best in terms of min glare are projector housings.

You're throwing in a light that produces almost 3x more light than the bulb that was in there. You're oversaturating the optics and then Glare.

rick you have to find ones that will replace sealed beam units. I thought that's what the camaro and c4 vettes used?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

I have a set of 8k Hid 's on my Impala right now, but I'm going ahead and buying the $130 kit for the bi xenon so I can now have a highbeam lol... but yea i do get the highbeam flash every now and then.. but so what at least i can see better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed HIDs, check it out.