LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally finished the car!! Repainted!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally finished the car!! Repainted!!

Before

The work in progress.

Finished!!

Didin't turn out too bad for a garage job. I need to work on the ride height and I think it will be set. The color is Ultra Silver Metallic, got it from a 2002 cavalier. I'm also going to get some better pics in just about a month. Enjoy.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not going to imply I could do better, but my friend paints out of an auto shop w/o a booth and dusty/oily as heck and I've seen his stuff turn out better. He's only been painting a few years too and didn't goto any classes or school for it. What's with the huge fender to hood gap, rear qtr dent by the bumper cover and the hood and front bumper color difference? Did he not mix one large batch of paint and the hood or front bumper get a different mixing?

Sorry to sound like an *** I like the rims though

I can't wait to get my turd back on the road after 8months :\
Old 03-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks really good. I really like the color. Always been one of my favs on cars.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula350
I'm not going to imply I could do better, but my friend paints out of an auto shop w/o a booth and dusty/oily as heck and I've seen his stuff turn out better. He's only been painting a few years too and didn't goto any classes or school for it. What's with the huge fender to hood gap, rear qtr dent by the bumper cover and the hood and front bumper color difference? Did he not mix one large batch of paint and the hood or front bumper get a different mixing?

Definitley sounded like an *** too me. I think you're fool of it. I'm not going to imply that my paint job is better but, well I am.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SpeedDensityZ
Definitley sounded like an *** too me.
why even reply if your going to act that way.

anyway looks good man
Old 03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Banned

That's a little harsh man..you're character's better then that.

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
why even reply if your going to act that way.

anyway looks good man
I would have responded the same way and you probably would have too if the tables were reversed.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the color...how does that dust mask work with paint fumes haha
Old 03-18-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like it... i may be bias though!
Silver is one of the hardest colors to paint due to shadowing,kudos especially for a garage paint job!

SEBRING SILVER ftmfw
Old 03-18-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Lowered it would look sick!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks good, maybe you can come over to my place and polish up your 4th gen painting skills for free on my car

hell I'll even let you supply your own paint
Old 03-18-2009, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Suprized you went from black to silver.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Not too shabby for a garage job. I like the color. My 2000 Cavy Z24 was Ultra Silver Metallic. I wish I had the ***** to try and paint my car myself. But, I really only have experience rattle canning a few small pieces. Plus, my car doesn't really need a full repaint. I may do the front bumper myself though, just because the local body shop wants about $1000, just to fix a crack in it and repaint it.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Wow! Very nice job! Ive been wanting to repaint my truck but to scared ill screw up! lol Are you gonna put the front flag emblem back on? Also a little silver bowtie decal would look pretty good in the center of the grille.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
That's a little harsh man..you're character's better then that.
Yea I know I am :\ I really debated deleting the post a few mins after I did it. I just kinda felt I should point out some of those things. I should've just left out the whole part about my buddy's work. It's just that there was a similar situation with a guy he knows that gave some dude $5K to paint his 66 Stang, and the painter told him it'd take him 6 months to do. The car doesn't need any body work, just prep and paint >_> Months later it's painted and the retard didn't mix all the paint at the same time, so half of the car didn't match the other half! This guy is also a garage painter, and there's plenty of them who know what they're doing and can produce a great paint job, so I'm not saying that going that route is a mistake. Just wanted to point out what I saw to SD, but if the car isn't done and the fenders will be aligned with the hood (guy took them off after all, so he should do the work on properly gapping them), then never mind heh I still see an obvious discrepancy in the colors (shades in this case). As I said, some garage guys can produce a good painted car, so if this is one of them I think SD should bring that to his attention so it can be the paint job he paid for.

Sorry for that SD, I truly meant well by it, even though it didn't come off that way.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

Okay, first off, I'm the one that painted the car (Justin's Dad).

Seems like you have some issues with my work. #1 I'm not a Painter, I pull wrenches, (But I did say in a Holiday Inn Express before i got started).

Your main issues seems to be with the cost off this paint job, well is $0.00 to much?, I got a Hug and Thank you dad, and that worth more to me than any amount of cash from my son.

Your othere due to there being issues are pretty simple to explain, ( even though I shouldn,t waste my time). The front bumper cover and passenger fender are not OE, so the fit is off just a little and there are no bumper supports under the nose so it sags a bit, the hood and fender gaps are due to there being no hood bumpers under the front of the hood so it lets the hood sit down to far making it look like theres a bigger gap than there really are. The dent in the rear Quarter Panel isn't a dent, its a shadow from the ground, And lastly the aparent differents in the (nose, Hood) color, if you go back and look at the pictures you will see that its late in the day and the sun is shining directly on the nose of the car, making the Hood look a little darker.

And in closing, I'm really glad you like the wheels, I Painted them also.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Default More Pics

Maybe these pictures show more details. I don't have a good camera but, you can clearly see that there are no dents and the paint is very nice. I wish the car had OEM body parts on it so it would have lined up better. I'm having some professional pictures taken at the end of the month. I'm sure you'll be able to tell every problem then. The car still hasn't been wet sanded or buffed.
Attached Thumbnails Finally finished the car!!  Repainted!!-mo-fo-camaro-018.jpg   Finally finished the car!!  Repainted!!-mo-fo-camaro-017.jpg   Finally finished the car!!  Repainted!!-mo-fo-camaro-015.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

The car looks great man. Don't worry about Formula350, most know he's the resident dbag and his opinion is probably ignored by most people anyway.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 AM
12 Second Club

I think car looks good,,,,always liked silver.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vigalante LT1
Okay, first off, I'm the one that painted the car (Justin's Dad).

Seems like you have some issues with my work. #1 I'm not a Painter, I pull wrenches, (But I did say in a Holiday Inn Express before i got started).

Your main issues seems to be with the cost off this paint job, well is $0.00 to much?, I got a Hug and Thank you dad, and that worth more to me than any amount of cash from my son.

Your othere due to there being issues are pretty simple to explain, ( even though I shouldn,t waste my time). The front bumper cover and passenger fender are not OE, so the fit is off just a little and there are no bumper supports under the nose so it sags a bit, the hood and fender gaps are due to there being no hood bumpers under the front of the hood so it lets the hood sit down to far making it look like theres a bigger gap than there really are. The dent in the rear Quarter Panel isn't a dent, its a shadow from the ground, And lastly the aparent differents in the (nose, Hood) color, if you go back and look at the pictures you will see that its late in the day and the sun is shining directly on the nose of the car, making the Hood look a little darker.

And in closing, I'm really glad you like the wheels, I Painted them also.
I only assumed he paid, and he never said anything about cost and it's a fair assumption that if someone gets their car painted that they paid to have it done heh Anyways, I really didn't mean to step on toes here and it sucks it turned out that way :\ And I thank you for clearing that up.

And Fergy, it's funny you mention that seeing as it's more you three in my sig who are the resident DBags. Especially considering the PM I got last night about you heh [/]
Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

I've got my fair share of PMs about you sir. I just never had to publicly brag about it

Quick Reply: Finally finished the car!! Repainted!!