LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New pictures of the T/A

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New pictures of the T/A

Just finished making some minor changes to the T/A and thought I would share the pictures of what I did. I refinished the wheels from the brushed aluminum to body color white. I also cut some polished aluminum dress up pieces for the engine bay (cover the powersteering reservoir, fuse box cover, TB plate cover).

Just for information in case anyone else was wanting to redo their wheels. The duplicolor high performance wheel coating worked really well for me. HOWEVER THE CLEAR duplicolor wheel coating does not dry CLEAR. It dried yellowish like polyurethane . So had to recoat them with another top coat of the white but it worked out well.
Attached Thumbnails New pictures of the T/A-dscn0490.jpg   New pictures of the T/A-dscn0487.jpg   New pictures of the T/A-dscn0488.jpg  
Old 03-21-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those polished pieces look out of place with your dirty engine bay. Get that fixed asap!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, I know, I know. Personally Ill be happier once I get the dirty exhaust manifolds out of the way and replaced with something a little shinier, .

Still I do need to spend some time with some goo gone and some elbow grease to really bring it back to where it should be. The last owner didn't really do anything at all except drive the car, so I am still in the process of de-neglecting it.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaywalkersw
Lol, I know, I know. Personally Ill be happier once I get the dirty exhaust manifolds out of the way and replaced with something a little shinier, .

Still I do need to spend some time with some goo gone and some elbow grease to really bring it back to where it should be. The last owner didn't really do anything at all except drive the car, so I am still in the process of de-neglecting it.
You definitely are on the right track. There's just something about a white T/A that I love. That's why it pains me to see the engine dirty.

Either way, looks good and good luck!