LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wtf felpro!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wtf felpro!

I dont know whos more retarded felpro or me lol. I just spent over an hour trying to properly line up my new header gaskets. I couldn't get a couple of the bolts into the head so I grabbed the other one for reference to help find the holes... and theres 2 bolt holes missing from the gasket! I pull out the one im working on and sure enough its missing 2 holes as well. I can't believe I didn't notice before I tried installing them. and of course I figured I would tackle the harder passenger side first. doh!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
I dont know whos more retarded felpro or me lol. I just spent over an hour trying to properly line up my new header gaskets. I couldn't get a couple of the bolts into the head so I grabbed the other one for reference to help find the holes... and theres 2 bolt holes missing from the gasket! I pull out the one im working on and sure enough its missing 2 holes as well. I can't believe I didn't notice before I tried installing them. and of course I figured I would tackle the harder passenger side first. doh!
There are two sets of outer bolt holes to use. What gaskets are you using? You can just punch a hole in the gasket.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
There are two sets of outer bolt holes to use. What gaskets are you using? You can just punch a hole in the gasket.
yeah I'm planning on doing that tomorrow but I just called it quits for today. and yeah there should be to sets of outer bolt holes, I had bolts on the outside most holes to hold the gasket in place but the inner outside holes are the ones that are missing
Old 03-28-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've not seen every type of manifold or header for GM vehicles, but I can't imagine any using the outter most hole and not having ANYthing for the inner hole. Just seems like it'd be prone to leak there. I've seen manifolds that can use both of the holes, but you still use those closest to the exhaust port :\ Bummer that it came as such! Hopefully you didn't pull the header out first to see what was up
Old 03-28-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
I've not seen every type of manifold or header for GM vehicles, but I can't imagine any using the outter most hole and not having ANYthing for the inner hole. Just seems like it'd be prone to leak there. I've seen manifolds that can use both of the holes, but you still use those closest to the exhaust port :\ Bummer that it came as such! Hopefully you didn't pull the header out first to see what was up
MACs use the outer hole. Ran them for 5 years with no problems using paper gaskets.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
MACs use the outer hole. Ran them for 5 years with no problems using paper gaskets.
Huh... Interesting to know!

Quick Reply: wtf felpro!