LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Exhaust Instal Questions....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Instal Questions....

Hey guys, i have a few quick questions. I have a 96 Camaro Z28 that i am getting ready to install pacesetter lt's, ORY, and SLP LM1. My questions are with those components, will i also need the SLP install kit for 96-97 Camaros? Also the headers are race-style, so will i need to buy EGR block off plates? and finally, will it need tuned after it is installed since there will be no egr, or O2 sensors? Any input will help guys, since if never put this on one of these cars before....
Old 04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't vouch for the install kit, but you will need EGR block-off plates and you will need to hook your O2s up. Most headers include O2 bungs (you will need extensions). A tune will benefit you to have the EGR code removed.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic_Warrior
Hey guys, i have a few quick questions. I have a 96 Camaro Z28 that i am getting ready to install pacesetter lt's, ORY, and SLP LM1. My questions are with those components, will i also need the SLP install kit for 96-97 Camaros? Also the headers are race-style, so will i need to buy EGR block off plates? and finally, will it need tuned after it is installed since there will be no egr, or O2 sensors? Any input will help guys, since if never put this on one of these cars before....
You will want to pick up some quality gaskets, don't use the crappy paper ones that come with the PS LT's. Get some copper gaskets or Purseys (not sure on spelling).

Glad you went with race style, you'll be much happier.

You will at least need to get the egr tube block off plate, might as well get both the egr tube and egr valve block off plates. Also delete the AIR pump while you are at it.

You will see some nice gains from a tune after headers, and you won't have any codes being thrown with a tune.
Without a tune, you'll just have some codes being set for no rear o2 sensors and no egr. No biggie.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

for the install kit you need it on any 93-97 fbody, just go to an exhaust shop and have them fab it up, the kit is like $90 and a shop could do the same for prolly half if not less

Quick Reply: Exhaust Instal Questions....