LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A few questions for the pro's

Old 04-08-2009, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions for the pro's

1) Is there a website or possibly a step-by-step guide to remove all the emissions crap (air pump, EGR, etc.) from a 95 LT1?

2)does anyone sell an a/c delete panel for the interior when i remove the ***** and switches? also, where can i find a shorter belt because im removing the compressor, or is there some way to re-route the belt?

3)im having a small oil leak at the front of the motor by the crank pulley, but i cant see how far up the oils trailing from, so my question is, is there a common place oil tends to leak from on the front of the motor? such as the crank seal? oil pan gasket? behind the timing cover?

4)is there a common place where the stock exhaust rubs under the car? i have this constant rattling noise at certain RPM's that sounds like metal rubbing metal and its coming from under the car, and i know its not motor or trans related, just sounds like somethings loose.

thanks in advanced again!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) Is there a website or possibly a step-by-step guide to remove all the emissions crap (air pump, EGR, etc.) from a 95 LT1?

not that i know of but its pretty simple and straightforward.

2)does anyone sell an a/c delete panel for the interior when i remove the ***** and switches? also, where can i find a shorter belt because im removing the compressor, or is there some way to re-route the belt?

6LE, 6litereater, on here does. he has his own site, you should be able to search for it.

3)im having a small oil leak at the front of the motor by the crank pulley, but i cant see how far up the oils trailing from, so my question is, is there a common place oil tends to leak from on the front of the motor? such as the crank seal? oil pan gasket? behind the timing cover?

could be the intake manifold running down the timing case cover, the timing case cover, the crank seal, or the oil pan gasket. wipe/spray/clean it down and check it!

4)is there a common place where the stock exhaust rubs under the car? i have this constant rattling noise at certain RPM's that sounds like metal rubbing metal and its coming from under the car, and i know its not motor or trans related, just sounds like somethings loose.

could be the cat heat shield, the heat shield over the cat, the cross brace that goes just after the trans and the exhaust runs over the top of, bad hanger on the over-axle pipe, heat shield around gas tank, or the muffler case. best bet is to get under it and look/move the exhaust and see what hits.

hope that helps!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds good...i thought maybe it was a heat shield rattling around...anyway thanks for the info im gonna go look for the website.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

You can't eliminate the need for a pulley where the a/c compressor is. You just need an a/c delete pulley in it's place.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks shbox. totally forgot he asked that

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A few questions for the pro's