LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

head giving me problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default head giving me problems

Where do i start.. went to take off drive side head because i have 3 broken bolts in manifold holes. well went to take off crossover pipe or air bleeder pipe what ever they call it and the F&&king bolt is striped.. now i try and go look for the crossover pipe and cant find it no where can some one please post a link to where to find it..( i need pipe and bolts) pos is it best to just cut the pipe to finish taking the head off... help please
Old 04-05-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by old93camaro
Where do i start.. went to take off drive side head because i have 3 broken bolts in manifold holes. well went to take off crossover pipe or air bleeder pipe what ever they call it and the F&&king bolt is striped.. now i try and go look for the crossover pipe and cant find it no where can some one please post a link to where to find it..( i need pipe and bolts) pos is it best to just cut the pipe to finish taking the head off... help please
You should be able to get it complete from the dealer with new banjo bolts and washers. Or look for one in a junk yard and get new washers.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You could do what some people do and cut the tube in the middle between the two heads. Then when you reinstall, add a small piece of tubing with clamps. Would help if you flared the ends of the tubes if you had the means as well to prevent any leaks.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

now i did not think of that.. but how much pressure runs threw that line, do you think it will blow off or get to hot and burst
Old 04-06-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by old93camaro
now i did not think of that.. but how much pressure runs threw that line, do you think it will blow off or get to hot and burst
If you use a thick hose and some nice clamps I wouldn't worry about it. But if it were me, I'd get a new tube w/ new banjo bolts and washers.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

yea just ordered the air tube from gmdirect and the guy said it comes wit hthe bolts and washer.. will post pics when i get done to show you if i messed it up or not lol

Quick Reply: head giving me problems