LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Which Fuel Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Fuel Injectors?

How do I tell what fuel injectors I have on my car? They look stock but there is electrical tape on all the wires leading to the injectors like they have been rigged or something it was like that when I bought my car. I am going to get a mail order tune and need to know which injectors i have. Is there usually a serial number on them or something?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJB96TA
How do I tell what fuel injectors I have on my car? They look stock but there is electrical tape on all the wires leading to the injectors like they have been rigged or something it was like that when I bought my car. I am going to get a mail order tune and need to know which injectors i have. Is there usually a serial number on them or something?
Yikes... Well, this is your typical look for 90's GM Rochester injectors, on the majority of vehicles I've seen. My factory 91 TPI and 93 LT1 injectors both looked like this. Mind you, that info on the pic is no in reference to either. Was just the best pic I could find

The number though should be on the side of the plugin there (on the injector, not the car's wiring harness).

Another good likeness, BUT NOT what came in ours (these are SMP made).

If they look anything other, then they're not a factory GM injector. Mind you, if they came out of a 3800 Supercharged, they'd still look like that but NOT be 24#. That's where the number on the side of the plugin comes in. Pt# 17124248 = 94-97 LT1 24# injector (93 uses 22# and a different number).
Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes they look the the one in the first pic. So I guess they are stock 24# injectors. I wonder what all that damn electrical tape was for? I'll have to take it off and see exactly what I have.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJB96TA
yes they look the the one in the first pic. So I guess they are stock 24# injectors. I wonder what all that damn electrical tape was for? I'll have to take it off and see exactly what I have.

Thanks
Well like I said, they COULD be higher rated injectors from other GM applications, but I'm sure it is stock.

It could be bad, or it could just be to cover the wires up. Lets hope for the latter >_> If it's not, make sure you solder them! Also I recommend shrink tube (heat shrink) over the solder joints instead of electrical taping them again

Quick Reply: Which Fuel Injectors?