LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

waterpump O rings

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waterpump O rings

I ordered all my seals for the front of the motor but they didnt sent me the O rings for the waterpump drive.I got the seal for the timing cover for the drive.Do I need to replace the O rings?If the O rings dont stop oil then what do they do?I could go to my local auto parts store and just match them up with some O rings they have but I think the factory ones have a flat side or something wierd about them that make them different.What should I do, order the right ones or just reuse the old ones?I am ready to put this **** back together before the weekend and now Im stuck.But I want to do this once so if I should wait and get the right ones I will.Thanks for you input.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they just prevent moisture from getting in the shaft and rusting things up. the ones on your shaft are flat because they're old and worn out. Just get some matched up at the autostore.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by buffman
they just prevent moisture from getting in the shaft and rusting things up. the ones on your shaft are flat because they're old and worn out. Just get some matched up at the autostore.
In addition to to this, they are for vibration isolation too.

Quick Reply: waterpump O rings