LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hard to start

Old 04-18-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hard to start

I'm trying to figure out why my car isnt wanting to start now. It used to fire right up. I mean all you would have to do it turn the key for 1/2 a second and it would come right to life. But for the past week its not wanting to do that at all. Usually I have to turn the key for about 4-5 seconds and then when it does catch it doesnt fire right up it kinda stumbles at 200 or so rpm for a few seconds then comes to life. The only thing ive done recently is change out my driver side o2 sensor. I had to send back my 2nd o2 bcs they sent me the wrong part and will be ordering a new one soon but I really don't think that is the cause. And I don't see the starter being an issue bcs you can hear it turning over very quickly.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well obviously it has to do with your ignition. I would start with your coil or icm. If it is neither of them then it most likely your opti. Has any check engine light come in at all?? If you want to bring it down I can run the codes for you on my snapon trouble shooter. Pm me if you want my help. Later
Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

well the check engine light was on and throwing two codes for the o2s and thats why i got new ones and it was throwing a skip shift voltage code but that has nothing to do w/ starting the car. I replaced the opti about 10k miles ago and I replaced the icm two years ago when it literally had cracked into two pieces. It could be my coil so I'll have to check it when school gets out since I dont have any electrical **** up here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hard to start