LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator??

I'm pretty sure my car needs a new fuel pressure regulator. If i get an adjustable one can i fine-tune my car for more power just my adjusting the new regulator? My car's fuel system is all stock. I've heard of people adjusting their regulators for more power or better fuel economy. Can i do that with a stock fuel system? Thanks guys
Old 04-19-2009, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Using a regulator to "tune" is halfassed and most years will "learn" out any potential gains.

When you mess with a regulator you endup changing fueling under ALL conditions rather than just the WOT where the factory programming is too rich. The 94+ pcm will see this under part throttle and as it learns about it will begin adding fuel to compensate and it will add that extra fuel back in even at WOT.

Can't use it to adjust for economy either because again the computer will see the part throttle lean condition and add fuel.

Sounds like you are getting information from people who don't really know this platform, probably best to ignore any further input from them.

The regulator is a fuel system component and should ONLY be used as such.

You want to change the air fuel ratio PROGRAMMING is the way to do that.

Could give you more information if you had a signature telling us what you own and have done too it.

Just to be clear, the STOCK regulator is the right choice even for most heavily modified cars, adjustable regulators can have some uses but what you are looking to do is not one of them.