LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 LT1 Blowing FUSE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 LT1 Blowing FUSE!

Its the car listed in the Sig.

The Fuse for the Coolant Fans keeps blowing and im gettting Codes 77, 25, 26. I have checked all the Grounds and they are fine, I cannot figure it out what it could be. I replaced the EGR, and the Evap Can Seleniod. still it does the same thing? Anybody got any ideas to help me out?

the fuse blows when the car gets to operation temp i think its Closed loop?

Please Help!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like a bad fan motor sometimes when the brushes go bad it shorts out
Old 04-27-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DisturbedTA
sounds like a bad fan motor sometimes when the brushes go bad it shorts out
HMMM never thought of this, but i had this same problem two months ago and it went away never really figured it out wouldnt it have kept blowing fuses?

I guess i can disconnect the fans and see if it will blow the fuse does this sound like a good idea to test out your idea?
Old 04-30-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

******UPDATE*******

Ok so Got the wiring diagram from a good friend and found out that Fuse #6 in the Fuse box runs the Coolant fans, EVAP, EGR and O2's. So i chased all the wiring and found a couple spots where the wires were exposed so i fixed all that and i couldnt find any bad grounds. I also checked out the fuse box to make sure the wires were ok and they were. so i was pretty confident i fixed it. I put everything back together and installed a new 10 amp fuse and started the car. car ran fine until it hit full operating temp closed loop i believe and the fuse blew. I was so pissed off i didnt understand what was wrong.

So i figured hey the only thing i havent checked is the PCM. I had an extra PCM so i put it in and started her up and she ran fine with no issues so far i have driven it about 15 miles today.

The PCM was Bad!

Quick Reply: 94 LT1 Blowing FUSE!