LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My first trans am help!!!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first trans am help!!!!!

I got the car about 3 months ago and need some ideas on what to do to it. I got eibach pro kit springs saving up for struts and shocks. What are some not very exspensive stuff to do to make it look better and performe better and run better.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have heard seafoaming a car makes it run better. You could get window tint, do the CETA bumper mod, and a few cheap mods like 160 degree thermostat, TB bypass, airfoil. Or full boltons(catback, CAI, headers, EWP, pulleys, 52mm TB, roller rockers, gears) that should make your car quite the beast after a tune.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Regular

well this is a very open ended question, how bout a lil info on the car first

M6 or auto?

Motor and Mileage

whats already done to it?

how will you be driving it?

and not trying to dog on ya brucalmighty but it sounds like you read the summit catalogs and believe what they say in there for the parts and gains for each part (ive been there too i bought an slp MAF cuz of the pitch) really cant go with that cuz after all the manufacturers are just tryin to sell you a part and make money whether it works or not oh well they stilll got your money

as for the 160 stat great if your gonna be runnin it at the track but really does nothing for performance and actually does more harm than good on a DD

rockers aren worth the money for the little gain you get out of em and pulleys well thats up to you but i stay away from them now cuz ive done a few involuntary coolant flushes before cuz of em

other than that CAI headers gears are all great just make sure and get it tuned with em

on thing i would start thinkin about assuming this is a 94 is to get opti spark off of a 95 (vented opti) or get msd opti ive never had any luck with any other brands but GM and msd for the opti and yes they do quit on ya after a while

get your car runnin right before you do anything though and i always advise doing suspension first your car will be more fun to drive and why go and make a traction problem even worse when the car has issues with it stock
Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

First, depending on who owned it previously, it probably needs a little TLC.
Fuel filters are probably the #1 more neglected service item on these cars.
(That and splark plugs, because they're such a pain)

3 first mods I suggest (and you can usually find these used at a good price to save money)

1 - Cold Air Intake (K&N FIPK, SLP CAI, etc ...)
2 - 3" Catback Exhaust (Listen to examples and pick one you like) http://www.lt1engine.com/videos/
3 - Mailorder Performance Tune (Fastchip.com and MadZ28.com offer excellent products)

Things like an aluminum driveshaft and EWP are usually next on my list to free up a little extra HP.

Last edited by James Montigny; 05-02-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

It bone stock and its a 6 speed man. It has 121k on motor runs great tho. I bought eibach spring and saving up for kyb struts and shocks. Going to be a weekend driver and to enjoy it and upgrading it.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PONTIACTRANSAM94
It bone stock and its a 6 speed man. It has 121k on motor runs great tho. I bought eibach spring and saving up for kyb struts and shocks. Going to be a weekend driver and to enjoy it and upgrading it.
I had the same springs and shocks on my car when I first bought it,
awesome stance, great handling, I loved it! But they sucked at the dragstrip
and were too low for the long-tube headers I wanted, so I scrapped them.
I miss them sometimes when I cruise on the twisty roads.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

I heard that was a good set up and i never go to the dragstip to drag my car. What did you upgrade to eibach drag kit
Old 05-02-2009, 11:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PONTIACTRANSAM94
What did you upgrade to eibach drag kit
Stock rear springs, HAL QA1 300# fronts.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

O ok. My car i want some nice rims for it but dont want to spend alot i got the stock chrome 16 and i want to stay with 16 cuz i just bought some tires. The car is white so i was looking for black with chrome lip like crager 5 stars. Is your car a manual
Old 05-05-2009, 10:51 PM

forget all that **** make shure you get a good opti spark distributor i hade a 96 camaro the opti went bad n i bought a cheap one it broke so i rebilt it it broke then i bought the msd opti it ran great n never broke even driven in water

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My first trans am help!!!!!