LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How do I adjust the emergency brake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How do I adjust the emergency brake?

I searched in the "Brake" section but I can only find out how to adjust LS1 E-brakes. The instructions for the LS1 say something about adjusting a ring in the hub but I can't find anything like that in my LT1 brakes.

The reason I ask is because lately it seems like my E-brake handle doesn't go down as far as it used to. Before I remember it going down below the cigarette lighter, now it is lined up just above it. Also the handle only goes up about 5 clicks usually but every once in a while it will pull all the way up and point straight up.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way it still grabs and releases fine. And when I say fine it never really was an "emergency" brake as in it stopped instantly when pulled. It more like barely slowed down when it was pulled. It is more of a parking brake but it holds perfect in my driveway for now. I need to find a more steep incline and see if it still holds.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a small set screw that moves the actuator plate on the rear brakes. The adjustment is very sensitive so move the screw in small amounts. Also be prepared for the screw to be seized up.

Shoebox has a detailed ho-to on his sight on how to do this.

Quick Reply: How do I adjust the emergency brake?