LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car is wrecked! Lucky to be alive!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You lucked out. It could have been way worse.

That damage is an easy fix, and only the paint/hood will really cost anything. Fenders/front bumper are cheap and easy.

As for suing the guy. You are lucky because you can probably small claims court that which would save you a ton. I don't know about your state, but find out what kind of fault your state imposes (pure, greater than etc). You could get a judgement against him in small claims court and if he has a truck, you might be able to get something when he sells it.

Go buy some certa fit repop front end pieces and run at the shootout. Worry about paint after the race.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hes from texas that guy could possibly get the chair for this lol
Old 05-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Launching!

The waiver protects the TRACK from any liability. This guy rammed his truck into another participant's car, even when the track officials told him to wait. He's 100% responsible.

I probaly would have smashed his Effing face in with my helmet. If I would have had the control to hold myself back, then I'd definitely be taking him to court. I'm glad you're okay, and good luck with the repairs.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The most important thing is that you are ok, but I seriously cannot believe someone could be so stupid! He wasn't even staged wtf!?!

Sucks to see my favorite Z banged up like that(93's gotta stick together!), but even though it will be expensive to fix you cannot put a value on your health.

Still looking forward to seeing that car eventually run 8's, keep your head up .
Old 05-16-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

He may have core support damage, doesn't look like any frame damage but you never can be too sure. Overall you will be able save the car before the shootout, I think. Lots of cars come in the shop like that and it's never an easy guess which car's body panels absorbed the damage and which ones went all the way into the core support.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Damn! Glad you are alright, this is why the first time I went to the track I had people that knew what they were doing go with me, so I didn't make retarded errors, I'm sure you didn't find out, but was it the redneck retards first time to a track?
Old 05-16-2009, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh no!!!! Wow....Glad your Ok and hope you can get it together for the shootout! Everyone is having last minute probs this year. We can still pull it off, and make a great show!!!! Again glad your OK!! Some duct tape and you should be good to go!
Old 05-16-2009, 12:13 PM
8 Second Club

Thanks guys!

Dont have time to answer every reply but thank you all for the support. Those of you offering parts I may get in touch with you soon. Madman generously called and offered a full front clip for cheap which I will more than likely take that offer. Still have to get it to a body shop for tear down, estimate on labor, and paint.

I will do my best to get the car to the event.

The donations already sent this morning, offering of spare parts, and labor help offerings are priceless guys. You all are a great community and great friends.

Tony
Old 05-16-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man I thought I was going to read a story about a line poping and causing you to slide into the wall or something. Wow what a freak deal...I go to the track alot and Ive never seen someone sitting in the water box thinking he's goin to make a pass!! Thats insane. The guy has obviously never been to or even watched a drag race..lol.

Sorry to see your mint car banged up Tony, but the good news its all repairable and no permanent damage.

Will insurance cover a wreck at a drag strip?
Old 05-16-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

such a beautiful car, glad u ok.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

sorry to see that man, fkn peeps are really dumb sometimes and **** happens all you can say is that someone was really watchin over you.

btw. did you at all even hear the truck rollin behind you, i can imagine a diesal at over 80mph, I would think you might of heard him.....idk I can be wrong...
Old 05-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

With the noise these cars make ...even coasting...it would be hard to hear a normal vehicle...espcially if you aren't expecting anyone to be there
Old 05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man thats terrible

My local track has a lot of what we call Redneck Ricers too(600+hp800+tq and still slow/cant tow with it anymore/shitty mileage/ show offs who think they are the coolest thing ever) Its annoying, they do 60second john force burnouts till you cant see then wheel hop badly off the line shaking dirt clods loose all over the track.

I cant imagine how you feel, I just hope everything works out for you. At least things werent worse for you, the car can be replaced or rebuilt you Cant.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Wow, did you ever see the Benjamin Button movie? That story reminds me of a scene where certain things just had to happen perfectly for you to not be alive. Had you ran just a tad faster, you may have ended up turning earlier and been T-boned.

You have a guardian angel out there and should consider the rest of your life borrowed time. As your thread title says, you are indeed Lucky.

Last edited by G8GXP4now; 05-18-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to see that happen! They shouldn't even let big trucks like that run next to little cars like ours. I know he wasn't even supposed to make a pass but at our track they won't even let them line up next to each other. I know at our track they also won't allow cars/trucks and motorcycles to run side by side. Just makes things a little bit safer. Man, that's sucks but at least your okay. That truck could have easily taken your life.

Last edited by 94Z28-MSTGKLR; 05-16-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My heart goes out to you bud... Not sure if it will help, but after you get the damage assesed, post up a parts list of what you need. Myself and i'm sure plenty others are willing to donate whatever parts you need! g/l with the rebuild and get that bad boy up and going again.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

I hate hearing stories like this. it only proves how the vast majority of people anymore are just THAT stupid. I can't even imagine what this idiot must have been thinking about as he pulled this stunt. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale, but that hardly makes you feel any better in the meantime while you try and fix your previously beautiful car back to just running status in time for the shootout. If you were closer to Florida, I could probably get you hooked up with some good body guys and help myself. Just glad you are ok. Make sure that at some point this guy is confronted with the consequences for his ignorance...even if it is after the shootout. Don't let him get away with it or he'll keep being an ignorant dumb *** and affect someone else the same way again in the future. People need to be held accountable for their actions...that I think is the problem with the world today...no accountability.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

OMG! Tony ... I'm so sorry to hear about that and so very very relieved to hear you survived that impact.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Take his *** to court! I dont even know why people want to try and race those stupid big trucks. Why dont they use them for what they were meant for?
It seems like it should have done alot more damage than that going 80. You were lucky on that part. I still cant believe that happened though.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx
I think posting his name number and address. I can think of at least a few hundred reasons to make this guys day a living hell.
Straight up gangster.

Quick Reply: Car is wrecked! Lucky to be alive!