LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

engine is almost ready.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post engine is almost ready.

ok i have a few questions. the motor is coming out the top. soea the bellhousing and clutch have to come off in order for it to come out? and how do you get the power steering hoses loose from the pump? i cant reach one of them. and the last question i have is, behind the head on the drivers side is a couple plugs. . . do i have to get them from underneath?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 97badass
ok i have a few questions. the motor is coming out the top. soea the bellhousing and clutch have to come off in order for it to come out? and how do you get the power steering hoses loose from the pump? i cant reach one of them. and the last question i have is, behind the head on the drivers side is a couple plugs. . . do i have to get them from underneath?

First of all...you should have pulled the engine out from the bottom.

1) If you have a nice leveling tool or a happy hooker, you don't have to pull off the bell housing or clutch, you can even pull out the whole trans with the engine.

2) The line you are talking about is the power steering pressure line. If you trace it back to the rack, you can undo it from there.

3) The oil level sensor plug is back there, so is the o2 sensor. You can unplug them from either on top or underneath, whatever is easiest for you.

Quick Reply: engine is almost ready.