LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Should I?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 02:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I?

I'm trying to get rid of my 24" rims to put into my performabuilt lv2/yank 3600ss combo along with the fuel system. Have a couple potential buyers but have another that wants to trade his 78 monte carlo for the rims. I guess it's supposed to be clean, just needs paint job and few interior things. It would be nice to have this as a daily. But go fast parts are what I want, not another car with possible headaches to come. I've always wanted a 78 or 79 though.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bro how are things up North? Myself, I would sell the rims and put it towards the Tranny and stall....unless you can sell the Monte Carol for more $$$$. Good luck!

BTW, that stall is a SS3600 not 3600SS
Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

I say sell the rims and put the money towards go fast parts.

With my luck if i traded for the Monte, it would end up breaking more things once it came into my posession and would only cause more headache. . . thats just me i guess thou, i've got shitty luck
Old 05-20-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Better to have one great car, than two good cars IMO. If you have both, you'll spend money on both, rather than just spending money on your current car. That's the way it goes. Get the go fast parts...
Old 05-20-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Hey bro how are things up North? Myself, I would sell the rims and put it towards the Tranny and stall....unless you can sell the Monte Carol for more $$$$. Good luck!

BTW, that stall is a SS3600 not 3600SS
You know its getting nice, been riding the bike lately. Sadly been waiting on my car to be wrapped up. Seen the motor being put together past couple days, looks nice. Reminding myself for next time tho go get a matching year block so there's no confusion on having the motor disassembled because the 96 is alot diff than the 95. Hopefully by friday i get her back. And videos to follow

Same difference.

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
I say sell the rims and put the money towards go fast parts.

With my luck if i traded for the Monte, it would end up breaking more things once it came into my posession and would only cause more headache. . . thats just me i guess thou, i've got shitty luck
I hear ya, that's what my feeling tell me. I had 3 nice cars. Nice little 79 el camino built 350/350 nice and clean on 20" torque thrusts, but sold it because some idiot backed into fender and header panel so I still got away making a few hundred even after the accident. 88 Mc Ls that was going to do the lt1 swap with but might sell it.

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Better to have one great car, than two good cars IMO. If you have both, you'll spend money on both, rather than just spending money on your current car. That's the way it goes. Get the go fast parts...
Yea tell me bout it. I need or want that trans and verter.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL...just giving you crap bro Let me know how the build comes together.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
LOL...just giving you crap bro Let me know how the build comes together.
You know it. I remembered last minute to take a video before the new motor got dropped in so I or we can hear the difference. I'm excited though. Anyways hows your build going?

Quick Reply: Should I?