LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

In-Car Fuel Pressure Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In-Car Fuel Pressure Gauge?

Anyone done this? How hard is it to do? I can't imagine it's as easy as just getting a long one, hooking it up to the schrader valve and going through the firewall and mounting it.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No you don't want to do that! Fuel in the passenger compartment would be a horrible idea. You need to get a electronic one. Yes the sending unit does hook on the schrader valve. I used earls fittings, part #'s:
EAR-998604ERL -4an male to 1/8" female 90 degree
EAR-915104ERL -4an female to -4an female

I used a Autometer Sport Comp 2 1/8" electronic gauge. The one that is out now is even easier to hook up, I've got a old version that still had the black box.

If you buy used you may or may not have that black box in the last picture, if you buy new you def. won't have the box. Either way its easy to hook up, I ran the wires in where the harness enters into the car anyway behind the glovebox there on the firewall.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get an electronic fuel pressure gauge from Auto Meter . Theyre around $200
but soooo worth it . I have both electric fuel and nitrous pressure in my A pillar
pod . They just hook up with a sensor and fitting in the engine bay and a pre-wired
harness that goes into the interior right into the gauge
Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are not afraid to do some wiring it is very easy. The total cost could be kept around 100 bucks. I used an npt elbow to put the sending unit on the gauge port of my AFPR.

Ancient pic, but you get the idea. I used two different brand gauges which is why they don't look like a perfect match - the proper matching oil pressure one was on backorder for 3 months when I had ordered everything.

Just make sure you get the proper sending unit for the gauge being used. If the sending unit signal uses a different scale then the gauge is ment for the readings will be inaccurate or the gauge will not work.
Attached Thumbnails In-Car Fuel Pressure Gauge?-gaugepod.jpg  
Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thnx guys.

Quick Reply: In-Car Fuel Pressure Gauge?