LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

After a 2 year hietus FOUL SPARROW rides again!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default After a 2 year hietus FOUL SPARROW rides again!

As many of you may or may not know, I have been building my 1997 Formula over the past two years. It started off a simple cam swap, which if you have swapped cams in an lt1 you know there is never anything simple about it. **** breaks, parts mismatch, etc. Well now the car is registered and insured and I am very happy with the appearance and performance I am now showcasing.

For appearance mods, I resprayed the car gm black, and added flat black vinyl hash marks to the fenders calling cues from the Ron's Fellows Z06. I have also added z06 exhaust tips to correlate the vette components on the car, which also include flat black c5 wagon wheels.

Now for the good stuff....

GM 846 cam, ls6 valve springs, ls7 lifters, Comp 1 piece chromoly pushrods, ported and polished heads and throttle body, Moroso Cold Air intake, with 1LE elbow, Edelbrock mids, into a modified stock y-pipe, SLP loudmouth 1, T-56 built to Viper Hennessey spec, Ram Stage II clutch, aluminum flywheel, ls1 driveshaft...

Untuned I put down 374 HP, 389 lb/FT. I am very pleased with the car and delighted to once again be driving it.
I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Still to come Full BMR suspension, Ls1 Front brake swap, tune, 36 lb injectors, probably a new rear sooner or later, and hook up some funny sauce.

Car has thrown the occasional misfire code most likely due to wire arching on #5 plug wire.

Hope everyone elses build is going well. Thanks guys!

-Dan
Old 05-25-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Forgot to mention I fully rebuilt the motor and it is now a 355, knife edged crank journals done by a professional, and added forged pistons.

Car is absolutely silly on the road
Old 05-25-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like an Animal!

and videos would be sick too
Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
sounds like an Animal!

and videos would be sick too
X2 need some pics and vids
Old 05-25-2009, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

But congrats bro! I'm still deciding what to even do with mine.. Considering finishing it fully in a few years or just doing cam-only and calling it quits and getting a new c5 or c6 (pushing it) as a new toy
Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phirepower
As many of you may or may not know, I have been building my 1997 Formula over the past two years. It started off a simple cam swap, which if you have swapped cams in an lt1 you know there is never anything simple about it. **** breaks, parts mismatch, etc. Well now the car is registered and insured and I am very happy with the appearance and performance I am now showcasing.

For appearance mods, I resprayed the car gm black, and added flat black vinyl hash marks to the fenders calling cues from the Ron's Fellows Z06. I have also added z06 exhaust tips to correlate the vette components on the car, which also include flat black c5 wagon wheels.

Now for the good stuff....

GM 846 cam, ls6 valve springs, ls7 lifters, Comp 1 piece chromoly pushrods, ported and polished heads and throttle body, Moroso Cold Air intake, with 1LE elbow, Edelbrock mids, into a modified stock y-pipe, SLP loudmouth 1, T-56 built to Viper Hennessey spec, Ram Stage II clutch, aluminum flywheel, ls1 driveshaft...

Untuned I put down 374 HP, 389 lb/FT. I am very pleased with the car and delighted to once again be driving it.
I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Still to come Full BMR suspension, Ls1 Front brake swap, tune, 36 lb injectors, probably a new rear sooner or later, and hook up some funny sauce.

Car has thrown the occasional misfire code most likely due to wire arching on #5 plug wire.

Hope everyone elses build is going well. Thanks guys!

-Dan
Congrads man. Trust me i know how it goes. Mine started out just changing the cap and rotor. Now the engine is torn down to the short block.

Quick Reply: After a 2 year hietus FOUL SPARROW rides again!