LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ls1 problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ls1 problem

i have a 1995 camaro with the lt1 in it. it has 119,000 miles. we have only owned it a month now. it has ran great up untill a couple days ago. we drove it about 110 miles and then the car just shut off in the fast lane of the hiway. we got off the road and it started right back up and ran fine. drove a couple minutes and the same thing. it just shut off. it did this about 15 times in 20 minutes. like i said as soon as it starts back up it runs great. it never runs bad at all. never a miss or ping or anything. i brought it to the shop and they said either fuel pump or distributor. thing is the service engine light never came on. the car never spit or sputtered. no smoke nothing. only thing ever since we have owned it the car gives off fumes like to much gas. anyone know anything about this? they are leaning toward the dreaded distributor but i have no symptoms of it. its tough because if it were a fuel pump wouldnt it spit and sputter a bit because its starving for gas? this just stalls immmediatly. no spitting or anything. please let me know what anyone thinks. thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and drive to test. You have to isolate the trouble while it is present. Otherwise you can only guess.

BTW, what has this got to do with an LS1 (thread title)?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and drive to test. You have to isolate the trouble while it is present. Otherwise you can only guess.

BTW, what has this got to do with an LS1 (thread title)?
probably thinks he has a LS1???