LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP!!!! over heating

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! over heating

ok guys so i recently have been preparing the car to go through inspection cause i have to go through a sniffer test. anyways i hooked up my egr and put two cats on it mind you ive never overheated with cats off. so i have a feeling that they are the culprit could i have clogged them being there brand new Catco's? ( i only drove it 5 mile )

Also i have blocked off a few water lines coming off the water pump actually 2 of them ( if facing the one at the botom left small one and the the small one up top ) im pretty sure these are the heater core ones?

any help would be appriciated thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's a couple diagrams.

http://shbox.com/1/95-97_hoses.jpg
http://shbox.com/1/heater_hoses.jpg

Check to see that your fans are comming on at 226* (low speed) and 235* (high speed). Also open up your radiator and see if you are low on coolant. It's possible that your thermostat has gone bad.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks for the diagrams i was correct in my block offs which i was pretty sure i was i did find that yes the Cats clogged almost instantly mind you i only drove it for 5 miles or so before this happened. anyway i took both cats off and attempted to run it through DMV ( my buddy passed his honda with out one)

Anyway i got to DMV later today and FAILED lol they didnt even put the sniffer in he bypassed it and went straight to the Decible and i failed Limit is 100 i was 104.8. also failed for no cats and a few other things.

Will be back soon i have to order a tune cause its boggy in low rpms

Thanks
Steve

Quick Reply: HELP!!!! over heating