LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

old question new 58mm body

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old question new 58mm body

just for thrills i ordered 58mm TB from trick flow has anyone else tried this TB. bbk seems to be TB of choice on here just wondering. plan on port matching the intake to the heads already have true duals and LT's. who here thinks i will see any performance gains from this? did i just waste money again?haha i have already searched this topic found nada. input is great. p.s. i coming off a stock TB no cam port and polished heads and bolt ons. LT WON
Old 06-20-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I don't wanna go as far as sayin it's a waste of $ but you should've done a heads/cam swap first before doing the TB. Just my opinion and im sure alot of other LT guys will back me up on that. Plus, you haf to pull the intake manifold and open it up for the 58mm TB anyways so might as well do at least a cam
Old 06-20-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

For your current set up, the throttle body was a wast of money. When I bought my car it came with a 58mm bbk throttle body already installed. I swapped it for a stock one and lost nothing in et or mph at the track.

You might feel a little increase in throttle response just off idle, but that's about it. Also, if you have an auto trans, you will need to get the line pressure bumped up or you'll probably be getting a trans rebuild pretty soon.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't say it's a waste of money, but with your current set up it's really not going to do much if anything. When you start adding your cam and heads you will see it wasn't a bad investment after all .

Trickflow does make good products though don't get us wrong, I have the Holley and if I had to do it again I would have purchased the BBK or Trickflow.

Quick Reply: old question new 58mm body