LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Intial Startup issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intial Startup issues

Background: 93 LT1 TA, new 355 build, new gm opti, alt, starter etc. Tune by Ion, all grounds and sensors hooked up except AIR/EGR (deleted in tune) and one on the passenger side of the radiator.

First problem: put the car in neutral after engine and trans install to put in drive shaft, and key gets stuck in lock cylinder, now the wheel wont lock and the shifter can move with out depressing the brake.

Second problem: Finish everything up (still have problem 1), take out the injector fuses and disconnect the ignition plug and turn over to build pressure, turns over good and builds oil pressure fine. Plug everything in and turn it over, has the same feel as priming it. I get no spark and doesn’t sound like my fuel pump is engaging. Fun times…

Third problem: Get out the ol ALDL cables and plug her in to check out the problem, few seconds later VATS comes on and locks me out…

Suggestions?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look how to disable vats at shbox.com

Double checked all your grounds?
Old 06-21-2009, 01:13 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Start with VATS then work up, becuase if you dont disable vats then its just going to keep interfeering with your troubleshooting.

Quick Reply: Intial Startup issues